Youth baseball thread

Zag

And it’s freaking hot!! Just finished game 2 today. Travel team won this am and a loss at the local town team.

12 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Starting game 2   Won 1st now looking for 2nd win today 

9D586340-C69F-48D0-B283-C1027109E0F1.jpeg

• Like 1

2-0 at Frozen Ropes in Chester, NY.
They are the 2 seed going into tomorrow. The two other teams from the program are ranked 1 & 4. May be an All-Crush Championship at 8:00pm

5 innings pitched (77 pitches - 49 strikes). 2 hits 3 walks, 6 strikeouts.

0-3 hitting in the game he pitched
Game 1:
DH- 2-2(and 2 hit by pitch-one off the brim of his helmet- scary)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2-0 at Frozen Ropes in Chester, NY.
They are the 2 seed going into tomorrow. The two other teams from the program are ranked 1 & 4. May be an All-Crush Championship at 8:00pm

5 innings pitched (77 pitches - 49 strikes). 2 hits 3 walks, 6 strikeouts.

0-3 hitting in the game he pitched
Game 1:
DH- 2-2(and 2 hit by pitch-one off the brim of his helmet- scary)

So they are slated to see the winner of their program’s “A” team if the “A” team wins a 2:00 game. The third crush team is the 1 seed and has a very winnable semi-game regardless of opponent. So it is possible that my kid plays two games versus his own program- why we need to drive 1:15 to play them is beyond me!!!!
Problem will be rain. Raining up there now and predicted until 3:00. May push back all the games. Could be a late night

• Like 2

Won our 1st game now playing 1 seed at noon.  We won 8 to 5.  Kira was 1 for 2 w a walk and Rbi and 1 run scored.  Now facing a stud pitcher she throws in low 60’s should be a challenging adjustment rip away put the ball in play and make them make plays.  

• Like 2

Sad to hear about your gram my sympathies for you and your family. But also glad to see your son hit a bomb today for her.
We got mercied in championship. Pitching was giving up to many hits and walks and other pitcher was lights out. We played weak defense all of those led to mercy mercy so 2nd place. Kira got up 2wice and K’d and flew out to left field 0fer 2.  Will  work on hitting rise ball this week during backyard practice.  Gotta love the dog days of Summer 

• Like 1

Big old atta boy for zag jr!

We lost the semi tonight 5-0. Opposing pitcher was great (80+). My kid was PISSED. His team quit early and was intimidated by the pitcher. He went 2-2 with a walk- one poor defensive inning and that was it.

The other two teams from my kids program (1 & 4 seed) also shit the bed. Embarrassing parent fight in the parking lot after our “A” team lost due to a DQ on a bat regulation. Blood spilled( cops called ...poor representation of a program

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wednesday is my kids BP day so this week he was invited to throw it during the “A” teams mid week one day tourney at the Renegades Park in Dutchess County.
2 innings pitched 23 pitches-1 hit, no runs.

Also when 1-1 on a line drive single.

Back to The Rock in Chester this weekend for another tourney

• Like 3

Wednesday is my kids BP day so this week he was invited to throw it during the “A” teams mid week one day tourney at the Renegades Park in Dutchess County.
2 innings pitched 23 pitches-1 hit, no runs.

Also when 1-1 on a line drive single.

Back to The Rock in Chester this weekend for another tourney

I witnessed one of the greatest comebacks at Renegades stadium. As a kid my grandpa took me to the Section 1 championship there. Mahopac vs I can’t remember. Anyway, Mahopac was down 6 or 7 runs and down to their last out and won the game! It was wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

0-2 tonight with deplorable defense behind good pitching.

Lost the first game 4-1. Only one earned

Game 2 - my kid pitched 6 innings - 97 pitches (70 strikes) . 6 hits, 7 strikeouts, 1 walk. No earned runs. Lost 3-0.
Bottom 7- lead off walk, then reach on error to 1 & 2 hitter. 3 hitter up (my kid who is batting .535) and fouls the first pitch straight back. Then get the BUNT sign & executes a nice sac bunt but WTF?!?. Next two kids strike out looking on 6 pitches. Game over.

I get moving the tying run to second but come on man. It’s your 3 hitter

Frustrating. Snuck in as the 6 seed to the championship bracket due to low runs allowed but a long climb tomorrow.

0-2 tonight with deplorable defense behind good pitching.

Lost the first game 4-1. Only one earned

Game 2 - my kid pitched 6 innings - 97 pitches (70 strikes) . 6 hits, 7 strikeouts, 1 walk. No earned runs. Lost 3-0.
Bottom 7- lead off walk, then reach on error to 1 & 2 hitter. 3 hitter up (my kid who is batting .535) and fouls the first pitch straight back. Then get the BUNT sign & executes a nice sac bunt but WTF?!?. Next two kids strike out looking on 6 pitches. Game over.

I get moving the tying run to second but come on man. It’s your 3 hitter

Frustrating. Snuck in as the 6 seed to the championship bracket due to low runs allowed but a long climb tomorrow.

Down 3 runs and he was told to bunt and give up an out? Brutal. He was tying run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Our games sucked today, were playing in an 11u & 12u tourney and this am’s game was nuts my son walked 5 times in 3 innings, pitching for him was terrible and we won 38-0, up that’s right we stopped stealing long before these numbers. It was sad to watch. 2nd games was a little better at 18 zip, son had 2 walks and a pop up rbi. On to tomorrow and they should get a little more competitive I hope. My son hates slow pitching!

I love my kid and love watching him play but I wouldn’t mind a 1 and done this morning starting at 10. Hoping for a better day at the plate as he made me thrown him a batting practice when we got home last night- timing way off.

If they win he plays at 2 and if they win that at 6 and will have 0 pitching left. Home by 2:00 with my ads in a lawn chair and PBR on the way, life is good!

The 1 seed is part of a nationally ranked program which would be awesome to face but not at 1/2 capacity. Those program are deep everywhere.

• Like 2