Youth baseball thread

Zag

Well they won the championship at the last tourney for 11u. So this tourney you can only pitch 2 innings per game, he pitched so well he started all 3 games and pitched his best performance.

6 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs, 1 earned run, no walks and 8k’s and the best part was he only threw 72 pitches. Was decent with the bat batting over .400 with 4 RBI’s.

after 3 games we had to go watch some friends playing at the town fields then he wanted to hit the cages. Kids a hard worker!

B9EB49CC-2179-467A-A43E-868664E2421B.jpeg

• Like 1

Well our first 13u game / double header is sat morning against another local travel team. It will be all the kids first game together and also on the big field. Not sure about the other team. Coach was saying that most of the kids batter 3 or 4th on their other teams so we should have some darn good players!

• Like 1

Well his 13u has played 4 games so far and have really kicked the crap out of these teams. This team is darn good and will be super fun to watch. My kids the 2nd youngest on the team and I’m really excited to have some better players that he can compete against!! He’s going well for playing on the bigger fields!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So proud of this kid,   16yrs old  and competed this weekend  in a 18u  division NJ tournament/ college showcase.  Pitched yesterday for 2 innings in front of college coaches, faced 7 batters , struck out 5 of them and  gave up only 1 hit.  One of the kids (men) he struck out had arms the size of my legs...lol...thankfully hes talented and big framed and can compete at this level. My son was approached by a college coach from PA, was a great experience for him.

20201012_121621.jpg

20201012_121555.jpg

20201012_122901.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

So proud of this kid,   16yrs old  and competed this weekend  in a 18u  division NJ tournament/ college showcase.  Pitched yesterday for 2 innings in front of college coaches, faced 7 batters , struck out 5 of them and  gave up only 1 hit.  One of the kids (men) he struck out had arms the size of my legs...lol...thankfully hes talented and big framed and can compete at this level. My son was approached by a college coach from PA, was a great experience for him.

20201012_121621.jpg

20201012_121555.jpg

20201012_122901.jpg

Sweet Chinstrap! i had one of those in my late teens as well.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Haha, he won't shave it. He loves that he can grow a full beard at 16 while most of his friends still rock baby faces... Iol

Funny how life works. When you are young, you want to look older. When you are old, you want to look younger. 

Haha, he won't shave it. He loves that he can grow a full beard at 16 while most of his friends still rock baby faces... Iol
Hey I'm 31 and I still can't grow any respectable facial hair. Also doesn't help I'm blonde so any hair I do grow is less noticable depending on lighting.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Hey I'm 31 and I still can't grow any respectable facial hair. Also doesn't help I'm blonde so any hair I do grow is less noticable depending on lighting.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

LMAO , thats sad...jk..your better off, shaving is a pain.

• Like 1

LMAO , thats sad...jk..your better off, shaving is a pain.
I'm growing my rally beard or at least pathetic attempt at one. I look more like a homeless 13 year old than anything. Hoping I can stick my target deer this weekend and can finally shave this mess off

#WeDemandADislikeButton

5 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I'm growing my rally beard or at least pathetic attempt at one. I look more like a homeless 13 year old than anything. Hoping I can stick my target deer this weekend and can finally shave this mess off

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Good luck, big buck and shave that works for me.

• Like 1

Well the final 13u fall ball game is tomorrow (game12). Son has done pretty well for the jump to the bigger fields. Right now he’s 5 in batting avg, 2 best ops and highest qab! All in all he played over 50 games this yr. Not to shabby I’d say. Excited it’s ending so he can hunt more on the weekends. He doing cross country but thankfully that’s all during the week and ends Nov 3rd. He’ll be 100% free once the rut starts to take shape!!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

So school baseball is back and I heard tryouts are going to be coming soon. My son is 12, 13 the end of May and in 7th grade. Obviously modified is the 1st option 7-8 graders. Option 2 is JV. Am I nuts to have him try out for Jv? He is 2nd youngest on his 13u team and did really well in the jump to the bigger fields and stat wise did really well. He’s about 5”10 and 120 of muscle. @NYBowhunter @crappyice you too might have some good advice for me.

So school baseball is back and I heard tryouts are going to be coming soon. My son is 12, 13 the end of May and in 7th grade. Obviously modified is the 1st option 7-8 graders. Option 2 is JV. Am I nuts to have him try out for Jv? He is 2nd youngest on his 13u team and did really well in the jump to the bigger fields and stat wise did really well. He’s about 5”10 and 120 of muscle. [mention=14]NYBowhunter[/mention] [mention=327]crappyice[/mention] you too might have some good advice for me.

Like everything else ...it depends.
-what does your kid want/need? Does he need a year of being “the Bug Dawg” or another year of “playing up” to scrap for a spot”. Playing school ball with his friends, Reps in the field, time on the mound in big games, and at bats matter the most to keeping my kid motivated and improving through middle school.
-What’s the school program like-strong and competitive? Political? Policies of playing older kids over more talented?
- How’s the modified program? Take everyone or cuts? Solid coaching or the district teacher who doesn’t really care?

Talk to the varsity coach and get a sense of his thoughts of the future of the program and where your kids fits in that mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So school baseball is back and I heard tryouts are going to be coming soon. My son is 12, 13 the end of May and in 7th grade. Obviously modified is the 1st option 7-8 graders. Option 2 is JV. Am I nuts to have him try out for Jv? He is 2nd youngest on his 13u team and did really well in the jump to the bigger fields and stat wise did really well. He’s about 5”10 and 120 of muscle. [mention=14]NYBowhunter[/mention] [mention=327]crappyice[/mention] you too might have some good advice for me.

Like everything else ...it depends.
-what does your kid want/need? Does he need a year of being “the Bug Dawg” or another year of “playing up” to scrap for a spot”. Playing school ball with his friends, Reps in the field, time on the mound in big games, and at bats matter the most to keeping my kid motivated and improving through middle school.
-What’s the school program like-strong and competitive? Political? Policies of playing older kids over more talented?
- How’s the modified program? Take everyone or cuts? Solid coaching or the district teacher who doesn’t really care?

Talk to the varsity coach and get a sense of his thoughts of the future of the program and where your kids fits in that mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there still a physical fitness exam To play HS sports as a middle Schooler? I remember in middle school, we had to pass a fitness test before being allows to try out for HS sports. I think it was a state thing at the time. They wanted to Make sure you were mature enough to play with older kids. They even had a nurse come in and check my nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Is there still a physical fitness exam To play HS sports as a middle Schooler? I remember in middle school, we had to pass a fitness test before being allows to try out for HS sports. I think it was a state thing at the time. They wanted to Make sure you were mature enough to play with older kids. They even had a nurse come in and check my nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah your right, there was for me to play jv football as an 8th grader.

Did the nurse find nuts?