Youth baseball thread

Zag

Arrived in Philly to pitch at a St, Joseph's University event. BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS and facility. Pics to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz prediction. You’ll see a triple today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biz prediction. You’ll see a triple today

4 scoreless innings at St Joes in Philly - 4 ks Catcher threw out 2, 1 walk 2 hard hit balls.

And he hit a double and TRIPLE to right center.

Good to see Biz didn't leave his predictions in NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk52fccf8e16116178d828cbd181fb3257.jpg
  • Like 3

4 scoreless innings at St Joes in Philly - 4 ks Catcher threw out 2, 1 walk 2 hard hit balls.

And he hit a double and TRIPLE to right center.

Good to see Biz didn't leave his predictions in NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk52fccf8e16116178d828cbd181fb3257.jpg

If you would have looked beyond the right field foul pole I was there all day.

The U8 Lakeview Lightning are on a tear.
Huge weekend at the South Buffalo Baseball Association Shining Stars tourny for the boys. They battled for 5 games over 3 days and came out on top. They wenr 5-0 this weekend and squeeked out a huge 13-12 win this afternoon over a tough South Buffalo team to take home the title. This group of kids came together in November, and have grown leaps and bounds over this last 8 months....and right now they are firing on all cylinders. e7068d2b6e3d975a8c9dcf0d2122e6c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Huge weekend at the South Buffalo Baseball Association Shining Stars tourny for the boys. They battled for 5 games over 3 days and came out on top. They wenr 5-0 this weekend and squeeked out a huge 13-12 win this afternoon over a tough South Buffalo team to take home the title. This group of kids came together in November, and have grown leaps and bounds over this last 8 months....and right now they are firing on all cylinders. e7068d2b6e3d975a8c9dcf0d2122e6c3.jpg

Congrats! Is 8U a new thing? I remember a few of us played 10u as 8 and 9 year olds but that was always the first Travel age

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

A ton of credit for that accomplishment needs to go to the coaches . A big high 5 goes out to those guys for teaching those kids and bringing out the best in them for team spirit and individual talent . Together they were all working like a well oiled machine  :good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Congratulations!!!! We were in that tournament as well this weekend. 10u division. We lost in the semifinals to a team that we have beat up for the last two years. It was honestly a game we lost and I wasn’t mad over. Half of our boys and half of their boys play on a select team together. Great sportsmanship throughout the game. 

• Like 1

Congrats! Is 8U a new thing? I remember a few of us played 10u as 8 and 9 year olds but that was always the first Travel age

I am new to the travel seen....but I am guessing it's relatively a new age bracket. They use a jugs machine or sling arm instead of a pitcher and have a bunch of different rules on advancing on an overthrow. At this age the league is build to promote hitting and making plays in the field and not allowing runners to keep advancing on a bad throw. No stealing either.......we were told all those rules are out the window in 9u and it will mimic real baseball.

• Like 1

A ton of credit for that accomplishment needs to go to the coaches . A big high 5 goes out to those guys for teaching those kids and bringing out the best in them for team spirit and individual talent . Together they were all working like a well oiled machine  :good:
Agree 100%....those 4 coaches poured their heart and soul into this team. As a parent on the sideline I couldn't ask for a better group of guys guiding my son!

Such a great thing when you have a group of commutes coaches and players (and the players' parents) who are willing to practice with the boys all year. That camaraderie goes a long way on long weekends!

• Like 1

Congratulations!!!! We were in that tournament as well this weekend. 10u division. We lost in the semifinals to a team that we have beat up for the last two years. It was honestly a game we lost and I wasn’t mad over. Half of our boys and half of their boys play on a select team together. Great sportsmanship throughout the game. 

It's great for the boys to have those "rivalries" with certain programs. It wasn't so great for us as we ended up in cooperstown playing a team we already played 5 times prior to that week-much prefer to play teams from all
Over at events like that.
The team that my kid just pitched against at St Joes Showcase is the Zoned RedHawks and a program they have battled with from 13u and up.

• Like 1

3 innings pitched at Lehigh Showcase today.
3 hits, 2 k's, 1 walk and 1 run on a bounced curveball.
9c88fd20fc495eda6a14411f5ac0de03.jpg

Decent but velo is down probably because of lack of use actually. He is probably only throwing 40 -60 pitches an outing and a light mid week bullpen. During the season he was throwing 85-100 per game once a week and the. Another 40 mid week

• Like 1

Big 8am win.....2-0 going into the 2:15 game. It was an offensive showdown with us taking the victory 14-12. The bats were in fire again with multiple tripples hit in the game.

Sounds like youre sleeping in today!

Sounds like youre sleeping in today!

Nevermind, old post lol. Emma had a coach that never cared about pool play, hed say it doesnt matter, we still play the same teams tomorrow just in a different order. The parents feel much differently when its playing at 8am Sunday vs 11!

I actually did.....off to Grand Island for a 10:45 game.
Finished 2-1 in pool play and ended up around 16th of a 32 team field. We shall see what today brings......i am guessing no games and alot of rain the way the radar looks.

Brantley's last game was cancelled due to weather and other teams lack of players. He'll be trying out soon for travel league in September. Worked him out today still got it with grounders and pop flies. Hitting will happen tomorrow at local diamond. Hope baseball is still on his mind lol. He wants WWE so bad him and his brother. Hope we haven't lost them lol. But try out is September he'll be ready.

Quick Mid week work at Manhattanville showcase today for my kid. 2 innings pitched. 1 "hit" (could have been played better by right fielder) 1 walk, 1 k.
1-2 and a walk and hit one out during his 8 swing live BP.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Anyone here have kids on the Webster team? My nephew is on it and I was told after tonights game they are only 2 wins away from being in the state championship game to compete for regionals for Williamsport. 

my kids don't play travel, just house but some of the kids on that team were on my son's house team. 

• Like 1

Nice outing for my kid today out at Baseball Heaven Long Island (now Lasoroa Legacy Park) this morning...5 innings; 10 Ks, 1 HBP, and maybe a hit or 2.
I of course was at camp so I didn't get to see any of it but Mama Crappy getting pretty good with the pitch by pitch texts.

Walk and pop out so far in game 2 playing first base

f31d0df8f301eacbb018b9a88b3f6ac0.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Nice outing for my kid today out at Baseball Heaven Long Island (now Lasoroa Legacy Park) this morning...5 innings; 10 Ks, 1 HBP, and maybe a hit or 2.
I of course was at camp so I didn't get to see any of it but Mama Crappy getting pretty good with the pitch by pitch texts.

Walk and pop out so far in game 2 playing first base

f31d0df8f301eacbb018b9a88b3f6ac0.jpg

he's had quite the year since shaking my hand. no coincidence

• Like 1