Fixing and clearing..

Decided to make a new kill plot for my oldest hunter at his stand. This will be planted into whitetail institute bow stand this summer. Ut will be my.1st time trying this product said it's good for partial shade and includes a ph booster as well. 20190423_122736.thumb.jpg.adb9f09765e674a21abc725ba7887342.jpgthe apple at back of plot is 40 yards from the stand with lay out looking north west. 

This is the other side of the same stand plot has been here for few years it had a low spot that flooded in heavy rain. So I dug into a topsoil pile left from removing topsoil off logging road 20 years ago and filled it in. This will also be a kill plot with big and beasty this summer20190423_122609.thumb.jpg.3e4af0e6d84bb21b64a3961fee65dfb3.jpg

Unfortunately I have to let them both dry out to level and then spray to kill out weeds and competing forbes. But have lots of time as both will be late summer plantings. There is a camera to right in this photo on one of.my American chestnuts. The area is thick with apples and I did a large girdling of maple and pine and poplar to release them form the growing competition. I'll try and get some photos of that as well but rain forced me inside at this time.

Description of bowstandScreenshot_20190423-124631_Chrome.thumb.jpg.787677aae463a41cea2c42f5080f7031.jpg

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

GMAN, what you do with your property is a dream of mine if I ever hit the lotto.....so jealous.....Good for you!!

Dont need to win lotto I sure havent . Work 6 days a week. Just work hard and play harder is all

5 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Dont need to win lotto I sure havent . Work 6 days a week. Just work hard and play harder is all

I just think it is so awesome all the time and effort you put in to your land and the enjoyment you get from other people using it as well. 

I can't even seem to get my lawn raked this spring......

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...