Rabid raccoon bites youth turkey hunter

turkeyfeathers

Prime example of letting  wild animal just get to close..its not cool, it wont ruin your hunt , if something is getting that close to you you can be in danger period!! Scare it... kill it if it doesnt react like a wild animal should..

• Like 4

Had one come up to me last year within about 15 feet.  Didn't know he was there til he was close.  He jumped when he saw me and ran behind a tree and kept peaking at me.  I just kept watching him cause it was neat but I also didn't set me gun down.  

Yeah that's scary for the youngster there.   Not a fun hunting experience.  Had a fox about 2 miles from where I hunt two years ago attack two people out in their garden.  It was also rabid.  Never know 

Rabies was not much of a problem, back when average coon hides were worth $ 40.   That $ 40 would also purchase a lot more back then.  Should it be any wonder that rabies are a problem, now that average coon hides are worth less that $ 5 ?