Dropping Sirius radio

crappyice

Funny you posted this, I just made my every six month call to them yesterday. Every time the price goes up I call and say I will pay $5.99 a month and they set up that price for six months. I asked if we had to keep doing this and they pretty much said yes. I love it, can never go back to local radio

• Like 4

That’s just it...I’m sick of everything being like car shopping. No one pays the sticker so why set the sticker there. Same with college, radio, cable, kids sports programs, contractors, mechanics...it seems like you can pretty much say,”sorry I can’t afford that but I can pay this” and all of a sudden that price is ok.
God forbid they just charge a FAIR MARKET PRICE across the board!
Worst part is I know the phone calls will come fast and furious-thankfully I always give Mrs Crappy’s #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Funny you posted this, I just made my every six month call to them yesterday. Every time the price goes up I call and say I will pay $5.99 a month and they set up that price for six months. I asked if we had to keep doing this and they pretty much said yes. I love it, can never go back to local radio

Well I'd be in this same boat too.....my credit card they had on file expired and I've waffled on whether to renew.  Had it since 2011 in this truck and will admit that I paid full boat a few years but did negotiate a lower rate most years. 

I enjoy the heck out of it and just yesterday they pulled my plug..........uggh.  Ironically a yellow envelope showed up in the mail box too yesterday from Sirius, looking for my money.  I'll give them a call Tuesday and tell 'em I'm a friend of the The_Real_TCIII and I want the same deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

It’s gotta stop somewhere- cable, cell phone, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Spotify.

I will miss a few channels (Howard Stern mainly) but enough is enough! There’s gotta be a better way to spend that $

You paid to here Baba Booey ?

No way would I pay to here stern .

Well I'd be in this same boat too.....my credit card they had on file expired and I've waffled on whether to renew.  Had it since 2011 in this truck and will admit that I paid full boat a few years but did negotiate a lower rate most years. 
I enjoy the heck out of it and just yesterday they pulled my plug..........uggh.  Ironically a yellow envelope showed up in the mail box too yesterday from Sirius, looking for my money.  I'll give them a call Tuesday and tell 'em I'm a friend of the The_Real_TCIII and I want the same deal.

They will definitely give you that deal I actually got it for a year this time. And they refunded me $68 or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I made the annual call and got it for 7.99. I guess I need to negotiate better next time. Funny even the women I was talking to agreed with me saying it was to much at the $32 price

Call again, or cancel and within days they will reach out. I’m with Storm, I’ve never thought Stern was funny. Great interviewer though. I don’t have that channel. I listen to the comedy, sports, and a handful of music channels

Sirius came with a new car for idk 3 or 6 months, never continued with it once they wanted me to pay, Pandora I use the free one, and Iheart radio .

Cut cable ,use antenna ,along with Netflix and Hulu , neither of which I pay for .

Dropped the newspaper, called the garbage  folks to see if I could get every two week pick up as we don’t come close to filling it weekly , nope .But saved 10% for being old and another 10% for paying a year in advance.

Got a friend  running quotes for our insurance,cars, home and umbrella.

save 20% of cell bill for being Gov. employee ( sorry ...) that’ll end once they make me show paycheck again  in a year or two  . Can get hotel rooms close to half off with my ID too .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They will definitely give you that deal I actually got it for a year this time. And they refunded me $68 or so

I’d love to double down and turn it on in my wife’s car too....

I keep it to listen to Andrew Wilkow on Sirius XM Patriot channel 125. I have almost completely stopped listening to Rush. Andrew Wilkow is hillarious he is on 12pm-3pm same time as Rush, he is so good i cannot justify changing the channel when he is on. I take my lunch in the truck almost every day just to listen in for an hour 

Call again, or cancel and within days they will reach out. I’m with Storm, I’ve never thought Stern was funny. Great interviewer though. I don’t have that channel. I listen to the comedy, sports, and a handful of music channels

Like My old Playboys which I only read for the articles, Stern is a master interviewer. His antics and cast of characters are quite sophomoric so I often jump to classic vinyl, country or yacht rock radio (my daughter thinks that’s hysterical and got me a little hooked!) when offered!!

Like My old Playboys which I only read for the articles, Stern is a master interviewer. His antics and cast of characters are quite sophomoric so I often jump to classic vinyl, country or yacht rock radio (my daughter thinks that’s hysterical and got me a little hooked!) when offered!!

Sophomoric at best. I never understood the appeal of fart jokes and making fun of retarded people

Sophomoric at best. I never understood the appeal of fart jokes and making fun of retarded people

I make my living off fart jokes....middle school can be a tough crowd without them

• Like 1

Stern has become unbearable to listen to. All his bits now are horrible, most of his show is just making fun of his staff for one thing or another which most of the time sounds like it’s a scripted bit and his interview skills have gone down as well. He use to be awesome at interviews now he pretty much sucks up to every B list guest he has in and asks them your standard crappy interview questions.

Coincidentally, yesterday's mail came with a free two month subscription to Sirius in my truck.  It was free for 6 mos. when I got the new truck and every now and then they offered a free couple of weeks to get me to sign up.

I take the free subscriptions and always find I only listen to a few channels and often they don't even come in where I live because the weather is often cloudy.

At the end of each trail I'm usually sure I won't want it anymore.