Dropping Sirius radio

crappyice

I've had sirius for 12 years now. My main reason for getting it was for Stern. He definitely has mellowed out and does not push the envelope like he used to but he does great interviews. Can't beat the music options. I do a lot of driving on the thruway between Albany and Buffalo. I don't think I could go back to terrestrial radio.

I'm good without it. Never had it, so don't know what I'm missing. 

I listen to CD's and classic rock and country on the local stations.

When traveling, I'll just hit the search button on the radio, till something comes up I like. 

My grandson is going to show me how to take songs from my phone, and play them in the new car that has Bluetooth?

• Like 3

just about everything on sat radio can be accomplished on my phone. I missed it when I dropped it about 7 years ago, but podcast and streaming music filled the void easily. Only complaint is the occasional deadspot on the drive the daks. 

I think what bugged me the most was when we used to listen to the comedy stations and there were constant commercials. like wtf? Isn't that the point of sat radio?

On 4/28/2019 at 9:23 AM, grampy said:

I'm good without it. Never had it, so don't know what I'm missing. 

I listen to CD's and classic rock and country on the local stations.

When traveling, I'll just hit the search button on the radio, till something comes up I like. 

My grandson is going to show me how to take songs from my phone, and play them in the new car that has Bluetooth?

This reminds me, whens your next gig?? That could be a HNY get together that could break the internet!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This reminds me, whens your next gig?? That could be a HNY get together that could break the internet!!

Not scheduling any paying gigs this summer. Way too much going on. And does anyone really want to listen to a 62 year old guy play and sing??? Likely not too much anymore I suppose. I did have my time though!!! For many years.

But I'm still willing to travel the campfire circuit!!!  A beer or two, will get you an old guy playing old songs, and a laugh or two.

21 minutes ago, grampy said:

Not scheduling any paying gigs this summer. Way too much going on. And does anyone really want to listen to a 62 year old guy play and sing??? Likely not too much anymore I suppose. I did have my time though!!! For many years.

But I'm still willing to travel the campfire circuit!!!  A beer or two, will get you an old guy playing old songs, and a laugh or two.

Check out The Who thread, tons of interest in the crafty veteran rockers

• Like 1

Camp fire and beer you say? Old guy with a guitar you say? Do you travel? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Camp fire and beer you say? Old guy with a guitar you say? Do you travel? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been know to do so. Yes. Especially if good barbeque is involved! 

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1