wildcat junkie

21 Year Old Turkey

TARGET!  My future son in law has gotten me interested in traditional archery again. I dug this out of the hay loft. This had spent nearly 21 years up there. It was in 4 pieces, faded, and covered with pigeon dung when I brought it down.

I spent an hour the day before yesterday gluing the pieces together with Glidden Gripper Primer. I pinned it with bamboo BBQ skewers with pointed ends ground on cedar arrow shafts for reinforcement.

I spent yesterday painting ir with some red oxide primer, satin black and red spray paint. I used the Gripper Primer to do the batted wing feathers and white crown. Some serving thread made the finishing touch with a wavy beard. 

0aOnRII.jpg

• Like 12

Never forget the 241 GIs that were killed in Beirut because of Reagan administration policies.

most of that means a miss. make sure you clearly mark where the actual vitals would be seen when up close. they aren't very big.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

4 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

most of that means a miss. make sure you clearly mark where the actual vitals would be seen when up close. they aren't very big.

It's marked on the side and the tail. The tail is probably the only viable archery shot.

Never forget the 241 GIs that were killed in Beirut because of Reagan administration policies.

It's marked on the side and the tail. The tail is probably the only viable archery shot.
It's basically a Texas heart shot but works because it's just a bird. Better chance the arrow stays in the bird and easier to pick the spot but still makes a mess. I like broadsided better. Pass thru but it flops around and wont go far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com