Graduated 29 New Hunters Today!

grampy

We added 29 new hunters to our ranks today, from our NYS Hunter Education Course! About half kids, and the other half was split between adult women and men. A cold blustery day out there for the field exercises, but all passed with good scores! A great class. They asked lots of questions, even during break times. I arrived at 7am, for set up, and sign in, and left at 5:20pm, after clean up. Was also there last night after work for an hour or so. But the high fives and smiling faces, after handing out their certificates, was so much worth any time spent.

This giving back to something, I've loved my whole life, is one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. 

After today, there are 29 more hunters out there that I'd be proud to share the woods with.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

We added 29 new hunters to our ranks today, from our NYS Hunter Education Course! About half kids, and the other half was split between adult women and men. A cold blustery day out there for the field exercises, but all passed with good scores! A great class. They asked lots of questions, even during break times. I arrived at 7am, for set up, and sign in, and left at 5:20pm, after clean up. Was also there last night after work for an hour or so. But the high fives and smiling faces, after handing out their certificates, was so much worth any time spent.

This giving back to something, I've loved my whole life, is one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. 

After today, there are 29 more hunters out there that I'd be proud to share the woods with.

Love it!!!!high five and great job grampy!!!:clapping:

• Like 1

Ok Grampy I promise I won’t do this to you but what would happen if I just show up at a full course with my 14 year old sons and say we are here for the course but couldn’t sign up. They have their HW complete and we just show up. Are two more kids going to blow up the program? Do you think they would let them stay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Ok Grampy I promise I won’t do this to you but what would happen if I just show up at a full course with my 14 year old sons and say we are here for the course but couldn’t sign up. They have their HW complete and we just show up. Are two more kids going to blow up the program? Do you think they would let them stay?

Our class today was 3 people that didn’t show up and never cancelled. Maybe go and see if any cancellations 

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Most likely we would take them, if the homework was completed? But I'd have to check with our senior instructor, on that to make sure we weren't violating any DEC rules. He is more knowledgeable on that end of it than I. 

We had planned for a class of 33, but one was a no show, and three canceled too late for us to repost the openings, on the DEC website. 

Especially if I knew YOU were coming, even late, we could maybe get you in, due to always having some no shows. It is too bad with the ones who don't show up, because we are posted as full, and that turns away ones who "would" or "could" be there. So again, if I'm not breaking any DEC rules, I'd do all I could to help get your boys a seat. Even at the last minute. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words fella's. But all the thanks I needed was in the smiles and fist bumps from our newest hunters. I highly encourage anyone with a few years experience behind them, to become an instructor or mentor. We need more, as the need is definitely there to bring new blood into hunting, and shooting. They are the ones who will carry the flag into the future for us. The giving back to our hunting future, will be rewarded in so many ways. There is a bunch of hoops to jump through, to become an instructor these days, but well worth it in satisfaction gained, by sharing what you love with others.

• Like 1