And We Ended Up In Letchworth.......

Lawdwaz

I really enjoy going for a ride.  Today we hit an estate sale way out on Rt77 in Attica, it sucked donkey ballz.  After that we headed south, then east then south then holy cow we're at Letchworth.  Didn't see squat for big bucks but didn't really expect to..........(FSW reference)

Just amazed every time I see it, awestruck does NOT cover it.  If you are within a couple hours or even right down the road and haven't seen it for awhile, you should.  

OBGRkFo.jpg

PpRyOqo.jpg

rTfkRx9.jpg

• Like 16

Camped it for 50 plus years , bow hunted it, canoed it many times this time of the year. Not sure which is worse dragging deer or canoes out of the river bottom .

Now we mostly drive it ,with some short hikes .

06580CEC-E8A9-4FFE-8775-E0746F8824AC.jpeg

• Like 5

Every Labor Day weekend we are there camping. Last year I got some really cool pictures at the train trestle. Our last day there we had lunch at Tea Table and I watched a two eagles get chased around by crows.

I always love going there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ha, sweet pics!!!!

On a side note, we just saw the neighborhood fox three times within 125 yards of your house......keep the kid and pets in and load that Dan Wesson. :)

That thing has no fear at all of humans now, really bold.

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Ha, sweet pics!!!!

On a side note, we just saw the neighborhood fox three times within 125 yards of your house......keep the kid and pets in and load that Dan Wesson. :)

That explains the decline in rabbits lately. Dw a bit too loud....Elite!

• Like 3

My Dan Wesson .22 , 40 some years old , has taken a few pests from upstairs windows . Only loud inside the house ...

Ive taking  shots with the bow outside , but the angle has caused the arrow to skip off the ground and sail into neighboring yards ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Ha, sweet pics!!!!

Send it! Keep that critter away from my nesting hen!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Heading down to letchworth today.any suggested must see view's.all of it?haha

Mortalis brewing in Avon not too far from there having crowler release at 2 Pm. 8 different beers.  Just a thought to land some phenomena beers for the 4th. Gotta get there at 1 at latest to score. I’m going I think. Going to walk the railroad bridge ? 

15 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Heading down to letchworth today.any suggested must see view's.all of it?haha

I’d start at either end and drive the whole thing. Here’s the bridge from a month or two ago

1440E778-3726-458E-A0A9-00EE8E2E7960.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Mortalis brewing in Avon not too far from there having crowler release at 2 Pm. 8 different beers.  Just a thought to land some phenomena beers for the 4th. Gotta get there at 1 at latest to score. I’m going I think. Going to walk the railroad bridge ? 

Will try to stop there,not sure if it'll work though with some of g/f's family being at skybrook so may swing by there aswell.have never been to letchworth....i know i know,a western NY'er and ive never been haha

I grew up in Groveland and went to school in Geneseo . My wife is from Leicester a few miles north of the Letchworth entrance . Never realized how beautiful the park is until we started camping there . The kids loved the place . 

• Like 3