350 Legend

11 hours ago, Elmo said:

Was dead set on a Ruger American in 223 for yotes and fun at the range but this new 350 Legend round has me intrigued.

The only use I see to this cartridge is for those states that are allowing these straight walled cartridges in what used to be shotgun only areas.  I see it of little use in NYS.  If you want to hunt coyotes you don't need to fire a .35 caliber bullet at them.  The .223 will do just fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve863 said:

The only use I see to this cartridge is for those states that are allowing these straight walled cartridges in what used to be shotgun only areas.  I see it of little use in NYS.  If you want to hunt coyotes you don't need to fire a .35 caliber bullet at them.  The .223 will do just fine.

About equal to a .490 RB loaded with 100 gr of FFFg from a 32" barrel ballistically. Not impressed at all.

• Like 2

Seems to be an updated version of the old .357 Maximum round, which was designed for a revolver.  This new .350 is being sold as a rifle round.  In truth, it's a pistol round fired from a rifle.

It will not come close to what a .223 will do at 300 yards.

• Like 1

I got a 350 legend, as a tote gun wouldn’t be my first choice. I’m a 35cal nut and had to have one and it’s a neat round balistically a twin to the old 357maximum and right on the heels of a 35rem. It will be a hell of a deer cartridge and super cheap to shoot if you reload. It’s not near as perfect as it could have been because Winchester wanted to make everything a little different so you have to buy from them. It has a .355 bore instead of 357 and they didn’t use 223 brass as the parent cartridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2