Tick prevention

Buckmaster7600

If they are as good on ticks as they are on black flies i'd risk the money. They say they are and I will be wearing them in tick areas while hunting. Especially since I just got a bite while down in Georgia. Go figure, I can't tell you how many deer I have cut up and areas I have been around that were loaded with ticks and never got a bite. Go to Georgia for a weekend for QDMA convention and get bit while in their mowed lawn. 

I will say one thing though. I DID get some mosquito bites through the stuff. I am sure it helped some on them but they can get through it. To me if I had this on and sat with a thermacell, it should be about 100% care free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

If they are as good on ticks as they are on black flies i'd risk the money. They say they are and I will be wearing them in tick areas while hunting. Especially since I just got a bite while down in Georgia. Go figure, I can't tell you how many deer I have cut up and areas I have been around that were loaded with ticks and never got a bite. Go to Georgia for a weekend for QDMA convention and get bit while in their mowed lawn. 

I will say one thing though. I DID get some mosquito bites through the stuff. I am sure it helped some on them but they can get through it. To me if I had this on and sat with a thermacell, it should be about 100% care free. 

The manufacturer mentioned that the Ryno will not stop mosquitos, but as long as those little Lyme bastards don't get us, we will be good.

The manufacturer mentioned that the Ryno will not stop mosquitos, but as long as those little Lyme bastards don't get us, we will be good.

I hope they help with mosquitoes, they had 2 different types one was half the price the other was and the cheaper one didn’t say anything about mosquitoes but the more expensive one did so I got the more expensive ones. 989e9d44b0497e50363288240a41f423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 9 yr old is taking antibiotics for a tic that was in his head for 4 days. 24 hrs after leaving Letchworth my son was complaining about his head stomach and neck hurting. Figured it was a stomach bug until a few days later when we found a huge tick in the bank of his head.

20190425_081930.jpg

• Sad 3

My 9 yr old is taking antibiotics for a tic that was in his head for 4 days. 24 hrs after leaving Letchworth my son was complaining about his head stomach and neck hurting. Figured it was a stomach bug until a few days later when we found a huge tick in the bank of his head.
20190425_081930.thumb.jpg.16b2c0cbb2c4d0047e2692f65fcfd3aa.jpg

MOTHER F’ers...so sorry!

20190425_081930.thumb.jpg.16b2c0cbb2c4d0047e2692f65fcfd3aa.jpg

Same thing happened to my daughter 2 years ago. She complained about a small bump on her head to both her grandmother and mother. By the time I was told about it it was almost a week later. Took a quick look knew exactly what it was and we where at emergency care in less than an hour.

They took it out of her and gave her the antibiotics as well. She did not get Lyme disease from it. Hoping and praying for the same outcome for your son.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Fingers crossed he doesn't end up with lyme disease so far he's been feeling 100% better since starting the antibiotics. I really wish they would have tested the tick so we could have a peace of mind.

Moho I'm really glad your daughter didn't get lyme disease. 

• Like 5

I had a conversation with a guy down to work and i asked him that why if they can make a pill for dogs and cats to help prevent tick bites. You would figure that they can make something for people.  

Me and my youngest daughter both got bit 3 yrs ago. We both ended up with lyme  luckily no long term side affects for her or myself.

I had a conversation with a guy down to work and i asked him that why if they can make a pill for dogs and cats to help prevent tick bites. You would figure that they can make something for people.  
Me and my youngest daughter both got bit 3 yrs ago. We both ended up with lyme  luckily no long term side affects for her or myself.

There was a three series of shots(1; 2 a month later; 3 12 months after 1) for people. I got the last dose and then it was discontinued(that’s comforting!)- I have never had lyme and yet many ticks on me and attached. I do however have a 6th toe on my left foot but it’s worth it!

• Like 3

Quick update, putting the pants on the 2nd day I noticed a seam in the crotch that had about a 3” rip in it. I emailed Ryno skin explaining the situation and asking if there was any warranty. I received a response within minutes asking for my address and that a new pair would be in the mail to me ASAP. I received the new pants in 3 days after the first email. So far I have nothing but great things to say about the product and their service, and they’re made in the USA!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

There was a three series of shots(1; 2 a month later; 3 12 months after 1) for people. I got the last dose and then it was discontinued(that’s comforting!)- I have never had lyme and yet many ticks on me and attached. I do however have a 6th toe on my left foot but it’s worth it!

always wanted 6 toes.  I tend to get stumped trying to count to number 11.  I guess we all have our limitations.

always wanted 6 toes.  I tend to get stumped trying to count to number 11.  I guess we all have our limitations.

That’s why men are smarter than women...we can all get to 21 (even without an extra special tick prevention toe!)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought about cutting it off?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 5/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, GR HUNTER said:

Does the Rynoskin just keep the ticks from crawling under it onto your skin?  

Ryno prevents the little bistards from attaching to our skin. Given the tight fit, my guess is they would have a difficult time crawling under the stuff. I feel totally protected...OK, I guess I could also buy the head cover Rynoskin...sorta cheeped out at the last minute.

• Like 1