Anyone use modified choke in a 12 gauge for turkey ?

Hunter007

Normally would use full choke  , but I Got a new shotgun that I want to use I orderd full choke for it but it  has not gotten here  yet .

How much range  am  I going to loose if  I decide to use it with modified?

Edited by Storm914

So I guess I'm using the old one 

I would hope you were planning on shooting it before bringing it hunting with whatever choke you were going to use?

To answer your question I’ve killed a bunch of turkeys with modified chokes/barrels with both 12 and 20ga. Usually max range is around 15-20yds but you’ll have to shoot it and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I would hope you were planning on shooting it before bringing it hunting with whatever choke you were going to use?

To answer your question I’ve killed a bunch of turkeys with modified chokes/barrels with both 12 and 20ga. Usually max range is around 15-20yds but you’ll have to shoot it and see.

Yea  Me to The closes place I can test is  1 hour away  . You guys got it good who can shoot near to home .

got to try and squeeze the time in to test that out first . Or else I am just going to  limit my self to very short shots under 20 yards .

Or just use the old one I guess that i have patterned with .

Yea  Me to The closes place I can test is  1 hour away  . You guys got it good who can shoot near to home .

got to try and squeeze the time in to test that out first . Or else I am just going to  limit my self to very short shots under 20 yards .
Or just use the old one I guess that i have patterned with .

And there’s 334 days between turkey seasons so that’s not a very good excuse.

Storm, my turkey gun is just an old westernfield 12 guage  my father used for deer hunting back when it was slug guns only. I shoot 25-30 yards with no issues with cheap, 2 3/4 turkey loads. Most shots are closer as I stay in the woods as much as possible when i turkey hunt, using terrain for getting closer shots.

• Like 2