You can now sign a petition to split New York three ways

You can now sign a petition to split the state of New York into three autonomous regions.

State Assemblymember David DiPietro (R,C,I-East Aurora) created the petition .

The petition says that a lot of taxes from upstate New York are being invested into New York City. "New York City has taxed us out of our homes and our businesses. Our values are ignored and our resources are shipped downstate where we never see the benefits."

The state would be divided into three regions: New Amsterdam, Montauk, and New York. Each region would elect a governor and have its own legislature.

There is also a proposal in the state assembly. You can read the proposal here .

Petition link: https://splitthestate.com/

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

Don’t suppose there’s a map floating around is there ? 

To early for that. They have other details to work out. I think it is like a fart in the wind but they have gotten this far:wacko:

three-plates-west-north_1_orig.jpg

• Like 1

To early for that. They have other details to work out. I think it is like a fart in the wind but they have gotten this far:wacko:

three-plates-west-north_1_orig.jpg.c01dbdd1ed3dcc908871082777bb6e8f.jpg
I'd prefer if they drew the Montauk border a little further east, like the border between amagansett and Montauk.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There needs to be a "fact check" on the flow of NYS $$. I've heard just the opposite. Do know there is a definite majority of NYS law makers from the NYC boroughs. One reason some upstate needs &/or funding requests get overlooked.

You don't really think this proposal will go far ... do you!!?!!

There’s no way in hell the locals in Montauk are going to have Nassau,Suffolk and westchester county’s grouped in with them. They’ve been fighting to “take back Montauk” for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just split it 2 ways NYC and everyplace else .

NYC is the problem. The fact that every  big city in usa  goes blue every election tells you there is a problem there .  None of them are run right  or run good enough to justify that .

They have the biggest crime poverty and education problems in the country all created or made worse by democratic politicians and they are rewarded with even more power from it,  The city's have become 1 party rule there are no true  free elections anymore there . So why should they have so much power over the rest of the state .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Just split it 2 ways NYC and everyplace else .

NYC is the problem. The fact that ever big city in usa  goes blue every election tells you there is a problem there .  None of them are run right  or run good enough to justify that .

They have the biggest crime poverty and education problems in the country all created or made worse by democratic politicians and they are rewarded with even more power from it,  The city's have become 1 party rule there are know  true  free elections anymore there . So why should they have so much power over the rest of the state .

I think per capita, NYC ranks much better then a lot of other cities in NY when it comes to the issues you addressed.....except politics.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Bloomberg?  Giuliani?   What are you talking about always go blue?  That’s 20 consecutive years of republican mayors in nyc. 

Giuliani was far from a conservative or even moderate republican back then.  Even a moderate republican would have NO chance in NYC, even back then.  Bloomberg ran as a republican in his first term just so he didn't face the democrats in the primaries who might have beaten him.  He then turned into an independent and back into a democrat in his subsequent two terms.  Whatever these two stood for, at least they did a lot to clean the city up and once again make it into a world class city.  The guy in office now, DiBlasio, has totally taken it back to the ghetto days of the 60's, 70's. & 80's.  I honestly can't imagine a republican ever again winning the mayor's seat in NYC.  It's beyond hope at this point. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Bloomberg?  Giuliani?   What are you talking about always go blue?  That’s 20 consecutive years of republican mayors in nyc. 

If not for wall street and UN there and its world status. 

NYC would be a total garbage dumb is what I am talking about beside those 2 mayors they  vote blue and take new york state with it every election. 

Edited by Storm914

39 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

I think per capita, NYC ranks much better then a lot of other cities in NY when it comes to the issues you addressed.....except politics.

Because they have wall street and the UN  there and a international brand name .

Everyone in world knows NYC

Edited by Storm914

I’ve gone over this in other threads. New York City does not carry the state as far as elections go. People upstate just don’t get up and vote. 

However you want to characterize Giuliani and Bloomberg they still beat out the Democratic candidate. If New York City is as blue as described they dems should win regardless of who they run.  

I’m not sure im following the garbage dump part. 

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Because they have wall street and the UN  there and a international brand name .

Everyone in world knows NYC

huh? your chances of being the victim of a crime are much lower in NYC then they are in many other cities throughout NY........nothing to do with Wall Street, The UN, or anything else.

3 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

huh? your chances of being the victim of a crime are much lower in NYC then they are in many other cities throughout NY........nothing to do with Wall Street, The UN, or anything else.

So the shoot outs and stabbings I seen down there more then once was just bad luck ?

You are out of your mind .

Edited by Storm914

6 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I’ve gone over this in other threads. New York City does not carry the state as far as elections go. People upstate just don’t get up and vote. 

However you want to characterize Giuliani and Bloomberg they still beat out the Democratic candidate. If New York City is as blue as described they dems should win regardless of who they run.  

I’m not sure im following the garbage dump part. 

I think you are right about people upstate not getting out to vote.  At least in the Gubernatorial election, they could have done much more to oust Cuomo if they made more of an effort to get everyone out to vote.  We also need to understand that not everyone upstate is a republican, neither.  I think people sometimes seem to forget that.

NYC is most definitely going back to being a dump.  Have you been here lately?  Derelicts all over the streets and subways every morning smelling them up to high hell.   Road, bridges, subways crumbling in general.  DiBlasio seems to care mighty little about any of this.  Crime too, has been increasing.  Crime generally is not as bad as some make it sound, but certainly going the wrong way compared to recent years where things were getting much better.

12 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I think you are right about people upstate not getting out to vote.  At least in the Gubernatorial election, they could have done much more to oust Cuomo if they made more of an effort to get everyone out to vote.  We also need to understand that not everyone upstate is a republican, neither.  I think people sometimes seem to forget that.

NYC is most definitely going back to being a dump.  Have you been here lately?  Derelicts all over the streets and subways every morning smelling them up to high hell.   Road, bridges, subways crumbling in general.  DiBlasio seems to care mighty little about any of this.  Crime too, has been increasing.  Crime generally is not as bad as some make it sound, but certainly going the wrong way compared to recent years where things were getting much better.

I work in the city.  I work uptown. they cracked down at 125th St. metro north station a lot as far as the homeless. It was bad a couple years ago but they’re not there anymore. And the ones that are there get bumped out after a night or two.  The neighborhood I work in seems to be changing for the better imo. 

24 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Can you show the facts backing these claims up about nyc?   

Seriously just look it up for your self and stop playing dumb  .

Common knowledge even demcrats will tell you the honest ones .

But they will say they can change that but they never do .