You can now sign a petition to split New York three ways

37 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

do some research and find out what per capita means......

How about you look this up crime per square mile and see who is right . There are way more crimes happening in the small area of NYC compared to the vastness of upstate New York. That they have more people is a talking point trying to make it look like its safer then upstate it's not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Seriously just look it up for your self and stop playing dumb  .

Common knowledge even demcrats will tell you the honest ones .

But they will say they can change that but they never do .

I did.   And i didn’t see what you were talking about. 

Nyc does not have the biggest crime, poverty and education problems in the country from what I researched.  

Thats why I want to see your facts. 

7 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I did.   And i didn’t see what you were talking about. 

Nyc does not have the biggest crime, poverty and education problems in the country from what I researched.  

Thats why I want to see your facts. 

Yea just top 10 or 20 lol 

Edited by Storm914

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:56 AM, nyslowhand said:

There needs to be a "fact check" on the flow of NYS $$. I've heard just the opposite. Do know there is a definite majority of NYS law makers from the NYC boroughs. One reason some upstate needs &/or funding requests get overlooked.

You don't really think this proposal will go far ... do you!!?!!

More than likely it will not. The other movement to separate NY city from the rest of the state and make it a separate state has not gone anywhere.

Lawmakers from downstate NY know that a good part of the revenues to fund their circus comes from upstate New Yorkers and will never support anything that would effect their lifeline.

It would take the will of the people to make a change and as we have clearly seen the "will of the people" just isn't there.

11 hours ago, Steve D said:

More than likely it will not. The other movement to separate NY city from the rest of the state and make it a separate state has not gone anywhere.

Lawmakers from downstate NY know that a good part of the revenues to fund their circus comes from upstate New Yorkers and will never support anything that would effect their lifeline.

It would take the will of the people to make a change and as we have clearly seen the "will of the people" just isn't there.

I think it's more that they need all of those electoral college votes to win the presidency then money , splitting up NYC from up state would weaken the dems hand in the electoral college. 

With NYC being 68% democrats and the entire state being 57.4% democrats I doubt it would have an impact on the electoral college  other than to possibly reduce the number of delegates the "state" would be assigned.

I am sure by splitting the state into two or three "states" would affect the delegate numbers.

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

With NYC being 68% democrats and the entire state being 57.4% democrats I doubt it would have an impact on the electoral college  other than to possibly reduce the number of delegates the "state" would be assigned.

I am sure by splitting the state into two or three "states" would affect the delegate numbers.

In politics that's a big difference 10%