It begins again

G-Man

I expect dec to get it classified as a bow and bow course required.. that is 1st step to full inclusion . I d k if you had one before if your going. To need the course. There is really no way to say you used one to be grandfathered in.. something to keep in mind you may need to get bow course before you could hunt with them thus year if it passes... just dont see how you can grandfather a muzzleloader into a bow course. 

Now that the Democrats have the numbers control in NYS, they will pass full inclusion, and take the credit for it. Cuomo has said he would sign the bill, the last couple of years. But the bill always died on the floor, before being voted on. Because one side didn't want the other to take credit for it. This is what I heard from a well connected person in Albany. And the way things are done in Albany, this almost makes sense. With all the petty BS that goes on there. That and NYBH, no longer has as strong a voice as in the past.

Yes!!!  The very first thing with full inclusion, will be a mandatory Bowhunter Education Course, to hunt with a crossbow. It should have been that way from the start!!! No grandfathering. You will need to have a Bow stamp period.

I know we have had hundreds of pages of discussion about crossbow full inclusion on this forum, and I don't care to debate it anymore. ( I'm a long time bowhunter) But since they made crossbow legal a few years ago, for part of the season. It was always a forgone conclusion, that full inclusion was inevitable at some point. 

I "think" that time has come. Good or bad.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Skillet said:

Anyone in support of this should become a paid member of NYCC, and send in the support letter they are asking us to fill out.

i actually works better not to be associated all with the same group but be organized and send in your support letter when they do. other than that it's good to be a paid member just to chip in to the cost of efforts.

getting introduced isn't difficult it can be read the multiple times with ease and with effort be pushed through each committee. getting it scheduled for a final floor vote is the hard part. the poaching bill died in a couple sessions simply not getting to a final floor vote in time.

• Like 1

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again:

Why would anyone care if it gets full inclusion? More pressure on state land I guess can be the only complaint but they are already allowed during the best 2 weeks anyway. But private land hunters can’t possibly have any issue whatsoever. You can choose to hunt with recurve, compound or xbow. Nobody forces you to pick a weapon you don’t like. If you’re a hardcore elitist bowhunter, then don’t switch to a shotgun or rifle and stay with your bow. Otherwise your gripe makes no sense. A gun is far superior to an xbow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again:

Why would anyone care if it gets full inclusion? More pressure on state land I guess can be the only complaint but they are already allowed during the best 2 weeks anyway. But private land hunters can’t possibly have any issue whatsoever. You can choose to hunt with recurve, compound or xbow. Nobody forces you to pick a weapon you don’t like. If you’re a hardcore elitist bowhunter, then don’t switch to a shotgun or rifle and stay with your bow. Otherwise your gripe makes no sense. A gun is far superior to an xbow

A xbow is far superior to a vertical bow. 

Maybe it belongs in gun season , or lose the scope , or lose the ability to hold at full draw. 

It can be used in gun just like a bow can. Again, nobody is making you switch to xbow. You still have same season. So what is your concern how others hunt?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It can be used in gun just like a bow can. Again, nobody is making you switch to xbow. You still have same season. So what is your concern how others hunt?

LOL, it's not as serious as it may seem  . I love breaking nuts when ever the topic comes up , ill still continue once it passes.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

So.....?

Exactly!

Any bowhunter who complains should be shooting a longbow with flint arrows or hold their wagging tongues........

:asciidity:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

....they are already allowed during the best 2 weeks anyway.

That might be true in the southern zone, but the crossbow hunters (and area merchants who depend on tourism dollars) are really getting screwed up in the northern zone.   Since 2014, They only get (3) days before the guns come in with early ML season.  Up there, there has not been a single weekend when crossbows can be used and guns can't.   If I owned a motel, store, or gas station up there I would be pushing pretty hard to add at least one weekend of crossbow to the early archery season.    Also, the three days they have now are a few weeks prior to the rut.  I am ok with the way things are now in the southern zone, and very thankful for those two weeks.  I have done more than twice as well during archery season, since picking up the crossbow in 2014 (hunting only 2 weeks) as I did in all the years prior with a vertical and hunting the full seasons.  Better yet, At four for four, I have yet to send a bolt from a crossbow that did not put the deer down dead within 40 yards.   

edit, I think Larry was on to something blocking Storm.  How does one go about doing that ?   

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That might be true in the southern zone, but the crossbow hunters (and area merchants who depend on tourism dollars) are really getting screwed up in the northern zone.   Since 2014, They only get (3) days before the guns come in with early ML season.  Up there, there has not been a single weekend when crossbows can be used and guns can't.   If I owned a motel, store, or gas station up there I would be pushing pretty hard to add at least one weekend of crossbow to the early archery season.    Also, the three days they have now are a few weeks prior to the rut.  I am ok with the way things are now in the southern zone, and very thankful for those two weeks.  I have done more than twice as well during archery season, since picking up the crossbow in 2014 (hunting only 2 weeks) as I did in all the years prior with a vertical and hunting the full seasons.  Better yet, At four for four, I have yet to send a bolt from a crossbow that did not put the deer down dead within 40 yards.   

edit, I think Larry was on to something blocking Storm.  How does one go about doing that ?   

Get with the future wolf  airbow will be part of archery its coming. 

It's a safer weapon that alone is justification for its  use 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wideopenspaces.com/benjamin-pioneer-airbow-deemed-legal-deer-hunting-maryland/amp/

People get injured every  year take a look 

Airbow would prevent these accidents from happening. 

images.jpeg-1.jpg

images.jpeg-3.jpg

images.jpeg-2.jpg

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1