It begins again

G-Man

FYI - Last 4-5 years once a proposed Xbow bill was introduced, it has been referred to each legislative branch's Environ Conser sub-committee for consideration. This is where these past bills have suffered a lingering death. Except for once a bill actually passed thru, but never was scheduled to be voted upon before the summer recess. Bizarre thing to me is some of the sponsors of Xbow legislation actually sit on these sub-committees and still nothing progresses. After the re-adjourning from the summer recess, these bills seem to never be spoken about again, like they've disappeared. Re-introduction of a new or re-worked Xbow bill gets introduced each year ~Mar time frame, hoping to be included in new budget & "pork-bellied" thru. Naturally they get stripped out of the budget! Then there's a big push in lobbying to get these bills voted on in May/June time frame when legislative session days are numbered before the summer recess. And on and on and on... same old thing year after year with same results!!!! Insanity!?!

Guess I'm just a dumb-a$$... The logical thing to me seems to be to introduce a bill allowing the DEC to take ownership of this issue. Clearly, our legislators have no clue what to do with it other than avoidance. Would give them a clear way to get this hot-potato issue off their annual docket. TOO simple...?? Whether pro or con Xbow inclusion, wouldn't you agree the DEC is better suited to make these decisions??

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Storm is blocked now.    That is a cool feature.    

You never learn do you 

Airbow is coming  you can't stop it it's only a matter of time .

Why settle with just a crossbow when a airbow is much more practical and safer to use no fingers to get chopped off no limbs or strings to snap  or get snagged in the woods with .

Much safer and more easy to us from a tree stand .

Once they decided to put crossbow in archery when it's a weapon that someone can shoot good that does not have to know how  to shoot a recurve or  compound bow .There is know logical argument that can be made to keep airbow out of archery season .

Joe Rogan defines a crossbow best  watch 

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s8347

BILL NUMBER: S8347 SPONSOR: FUNKE   TITLE OF BILL: An act to amend the environmental conservation law, in relation to hunting by means of an air gun or air bow   PURPOSE: The purpose of this law is to allow air guns and air bows to be used for hunting purposes in New York State.   SUMMARY OF PROVISIONS: Section 1. Defines the term air gun and air bow. Section 2. Allows for the taking of small game with an air gun or air bow in the same manner that a crossbow is currently allowed to be used. Section 3. Allows for the taking of small game or wild upland game birds with an air gun in the same manner that a regular gun is currently allowed to be used.

Edited by Storm914

4 hours ago, Storm914 said:

You never learn do you 

Airbow is coming  you can't stop it it's only a matter of time .

Why settle with just a crossbow when a airbow is much more practical and safer to use no fingers to get chopped off no limbs or strings to snap  or get snagged in the woods with .

Much safer and more easy to us from a tree stand .

Once they decided to put crossbow in archery when it's a weapon that someone can shoot good that does not have to know how  to shoot a recurve or  compound bow .There is know logical argument that can be made to keep airbow out of archery season .

Joe Rogan defines a crossbow best  watch 

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s8347

BILL NUMBER: S8347 SPONSOR: FUNKE   TITLE OF BILL: An act to amend the environmental conservation law, in relation to hunting by means of an air gun or air bow   PURPOSE: The purpose of this law is to allow air guns and air bows to be used for hunting purposes in New York State.   SUMMARY OF PROVISIONS: Section 1. Defines the term air gun and air bow. Section 2. Allows for the taking of small game with an air gun or air bow in the same manner that a crossbow is currently allowed to be used. Section 3. Allows for the taking of small game or wild upland game birds with an air gun in the same manner that a regular gun is currently allowed to be used.

The air gun is not legal it's not a bow by definition , and since air rifles are not allowed in nys . You are wasting your time typing about it. If and when air guns are allowed it will be in gun season . As all guns are. Plus if air guns were allowed.id go with a 40.cal. why waste time with an cutting projectile with a lot of chance for deflection ....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, G-Man said:

The air gun is not legal it's not a bow by definition , and since air rifles are not allowed in nys . You are wasting your time typing about it. If and when air guns are allowed it will be in gun season . As all guns are. Plus if air guns were allowed.id go with a 40.cal. why waste time with an cutting projectile with a lot of chance for deflection ....

Airbow archery,   bigbore airgun  in rifle .

That's the way it will go down in the future  watch and see .

And anyone using a crossbow now is a hypocrite if you don't agree to them being included you will be guilty of saying the same things the bow guys say about crossbow guys.

When they put in crossbow in archery they basically decided .

Archery was anything that can shoot a arrow .

And had nothing to do with form or how you shoot that arrow .

Crossbow let's you shoot a arrow like a rifle just like a airbow .  

The definition will be loosened or changed  as it already has been for crossbows and compound  bows.  Watch and see it may take years but sooner or later it will happen. 

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

Airbow archery,   bigbore airgun  in rifle .

That's the way it will go down in the future  watch and see .

And anyone using a crossbow now is a hypocrite if you don't agree to them being included you will be guilty of saying the same things the bow guys say about crossbow guys.

When they put in crossbow in archery they basically decided .

Archery was anything that can shoot a arrow .

And had nothing to do with form or how you shoot that arrow .

Crossbow let's you shoot a arrow like a rifle just like a airbow .  

The definition will be loosened or changed  as it already has been for crossbows and compound  bows.  Watch and see it may take years but sooner or later it will happen. 

Air is the propellant not a string, your delusional if you think its archery equipment. It will be in gun only and only.severe air ride enthusiasts will use them then .. as powder propels guns are just as easy or easier ..

9 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Air is the propellant not a string, your delusional if you think its archery equipment. It will be in gun only and only.severe air ride enthusiasts will use them then .. as powder propels guns are just as easy or easier ..

Like I said you are using the same old augment  recurve compound bow guys used against crossbows  which was much more legit. 

I think we have moved passed that lame argument.  When crossbows became legal 

Any platform that let's you shot a arrow the  

same way you shoot a rifle  the (crossbow  and airbow ) neither of these weapons requires the user to know anything about archery which is  the art of  holding a bow in one had while pulling back the string with a nocked arrow  in the other and holding steady aim then shoot .

People want to play word games but that is  what archery really is about .

The state of Virginia and Tennessee are among the first to allow the use of the Airbow in their archery-only seasons.

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Like I said you are using the same old augment  recurve compound bow guys used against crossbows  which was much more legit. 

I think we have moved passed that lame argument.  When crossbows became legal 

Any platform that let's you shot a arrow the  

same way you shoot a rifle  the (crossbow  and airbow ) neither of these weapons requires the user to know anything about archery which is  the art of  holding a bow in one had while pulling back the string with a nocked arrow  in the other and holding steady aim then shoot .

People want to play word games but that is  what archery really is about .

The state of Virginia and Tennessee are among the first to allow the use of the Airbow in their archery-only seasons.

No. Any arrow propelled by a string (mechanically) belongs in archery.  A propellant makes it a gun ..not a trigger ,or compound and recurve shooters using a release are shooting a gun using your definitions.  

I remember tha battle to use releases and well as compounds the argument was nothing like your trying to make a case for a propellant fired arrow as archery equipment. The argument was primitive or modern allowed. Not let's allow guns

And your wrong the crossbow hunters do need to know basics of archery and that is the reason the push is to make bow course required,  the maintenance, aiming and skilled needed to follow game killed by hemorrhage is much different than shock from a bullet..  to believe otherwise shows your ignorance 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

No. Any arrow propelled by a string (mechanically) belongs in archery.  A propellant makes it a gun ..not a trigger ,or compound and recurve shooters using a release are shooting a gun using your definitions.  

I remember tha battle to use releases and well as compounds the argument was nothing like your trying to make a case for a propellant fired arrow as archery equipment. The argument was primitive or modern allowed. Not let's allow guns

Look we have over 10,000 years of history that shows archery is using one had to hold the bow and the other to pull back the string with a nocked arrow then holding steady aim and shoot .

Go try and enter your crossbow in the Olympic archery competition and see what they say. 

Its crazy the way you guys try and lawyer what it really is .

Just let people use what they want in archery and be done with it . Or give crossbow and airbow there own seasons .

15 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Look we have over 10,000 years of history that shows archery is using one had to hold the bow and the other to pull back the string with a nocked arrow then holding steady aim and shoot .

Go try and enter your crossbow in the Olympic archery competition and see what they say. 

Its crazy the way you guys try and lawyer what it really is .

Just let people use what they want in archery and be done with it . Or give crossbow and airbow there own seasons .

Yet its bow season .. a bow a curved piece of wood or laminate that's uses a string to propel an arrow..  not archery season. Yes you also take an DNA test for y chromosome if you have one your a Male doesn't make a difference if you look like a woman ,yet Americans scoff in the face of the Olympic committee and you can be any gender you want. 

18 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Yet its bow season .. a bow a curved piece of wood or laminate that's uses a string to propel an arrow..  not archery season. Yes you also take an DNA test for y chromosome if you have one your a Male doesn't make a difference if you look like a woman ,yet Americans scoff in the face of the Olympic committee and you can be any gender you want. 

Btw crossbows use bolts not arrows. 

But shzz don't let  the law makers in on our little secret  lol 

Just let the airbow in for gods sake its safer and more practical. 

After all we are all hunters first no ? The only restrictions should be on speed and power . Everything else is all bs 

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

After all we are all hunters first no ? The only restrictions should be on speed and power . Everything else is all bs 

Have you ever even hunted with a bow? Successfully, if at all? 

Speak not, of what you know not. When it comes to sticks and strings, of any kind. And stick to firearms.

If ever there was an online poser, you sir fit the definition.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Wrong a bolt is short for boltzen(German for arrow). The crossbows we use correct term.is bolt or arrow. 

Edited by G-Man

53 minutes ago, grampy said:

Have you ever even hunted with a bow? Successfully, if at all? 

Speak not, of what you know not. When it comes to sticks and strings, of any kind. And stick to firearms.

If ever there was an online poser, you sir fit the definition.

See now your just trolling me .

I  have won archery competitions when I was young   need  I say more some here just like to here there own voice I noticed but carry on . 

You know 9 times out of 10 When people try to silence you all that means is they know you are right but just don't want to admit  it .

If you are not going to pull the string back and hold it with one hand and the bow in the other .

Your not practicing archery. 

So what difference does it make if they let in airbow 

None . 

Only legit restriction would be on speed and Power .

So let it in and get it over with  or make 2 seasons airbow crossbow and archery. 

I personally could care less one way or the other but its annoying when people try to make one skill set the same   as the  other  there not .

Now good bye I'm done here .

You experts figure it out .

16 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Arrows flex bolts are more  stiff in flight .

Lol they are more stiff as more poundage is put behind them propelling .. they make thick stiff large diameter arrows as well. Especially back in aluminum age and in high lbs long bows..  it's still propelled by a string an airbow though killing by hemorrhage is propelled by air..not the same at all

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Lol they are more stiff as more poundage is put behind them propelling .. they make thick stiff large diameter arrows as well. Especially back in aluminum age and in high lbs long bows..  it's still propelled by a string an airbow though killing by hemorrhage is propelled by air..not the same at all

The nocks are different on bolts and there shorter .

27 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

The nocks are different on bolts and there shorter .

shorter has to do with draw length.  Nock are not a defining as a slot, half.moon ,flat , v are.all.used and have been used across te globe by indigenous people 

• Like 1

See now your just trolling me .
I  have won archery competitions when I was young   need  I say more some here just like to here there own voice I noticed but carry on . 
You know 9 times out of 10 When people try to silence you all that means is they know you are right but just don't want to admit  it .
If you are not going to pull the string back and hold it with one hand and the bow in the other .
Your not practicing archery. 
So what difference does it make if they let in airbow 
None . 
Only legit restriction would be on speed and Power .
So let it in and get it over with  or make 2 seasons airbow crossbow and archery. 
I personally could care less one way or the other but its annoying when people try to make one skill set the same   as the  other  there not .
Now good bye I'm done here .
You experts figure it out .

You winning archery competitions doesn’t answer his question regarding successfully hunting with a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

You winning archery competitions doesn’t answer his question regarding successfully hunting with a bow.

One time he pulled into the parking area and took a picture of a deer, then he left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

All:  Please refrain from quoting Storm.  You would have more success arguing with a brick wall.   If nobody quotes him then nobody HAS to read his nonsense.   

Wow this got to be the first time wolf did not write all most  a book to Express a thought .

I don't  know exactly why you are breaking my ball since I  in thoery an agreeing with you that is ok for  crossbow to be in archery even if it's not . Just add airbow to it and get it over with . That's ultimately where this is going anyway . 

2 hours ago, Belo said:

Because there is no right  answer to his question. he  is just trolling me . I have even taken out  squirrels with a bow before . That I'm really good shot with one is more important don't you think  .

That I'm a shity deer hunter with one is not important . 

And  I would rather hunt with a gun  if that's ok with you .

Archery I like more for target shooting  it's something I can do in the back yard . And have been doing since I was a kid .

I am now  for crossbows and airbows because it still limits the hunter enough that it's not going to make much difference as others have shown here with data from other states that have introduced it already into archery . Plus the airbow is safer to use especially from a tree stand .

Now if anyone can show that crossbow and airbow will make a really big difference in deer take of rifle season then I will have second thoughts .

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Sorry TWO HERE A BOUT YOU”RE lost testicle. HEIRBOW accident?

wolf made dinner with it probably .

Btw wolf you will never learn anything new by blocking  everyone with a different point of view then yours  buddy . 

Edited by Storm914