It begins again

G-Man

On 5/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, fasteddie said:

I thought it was done when I locked it after a few members started calling names but apparently someone felt it was necessary to unlock the thread and let the BS continue . Carry on ..........

If we locked every thread where people started name calling, more than half of the threads on the site would be locked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

"Airbows" are just airguns that shoot an arrow as a projectile. Just because Crosman came up with the term Airbow for marketing purposes, doesnt make them a bow in any way shape or form.

I could care less what Joe Rogan says, hes a shitty stand up comedian, nothing more, nothing less. Using his quotes is a pathetic argument.

Sorry but at the point when you wanted something that you can hold and shoot like a rifle  but that shoots broadheads  into that season  you opened the path to 

Shitty gun that shoots arrows instead of bullets   Airbow arrowrifle crossbow arrowgun and any such device that propels  a arrow  instead of a bullet .

Is fair game and  will be  seriously taken into consideration  to be allowed into that season  . Crossman marketers and lawyers,  a NY state company btw knows this and is already planning for the future.

From a  hunting and lawmaker point of view only thing that really matters is the power that these weapons can produce. 

You can make a shitty  arrow gun no more powerful then a bow . Just limit the feet per  second and let the engineers  get as creative as they want on the design of there joe rogan shitty gun . 

The original intent of archery season is lost  , not enough guys care anymore so it will evolve and  has already  we went from a simple stick and arrow to high tech materials triggers cams cables pulleys and so on . .

Now you may want to draw the line at  crossbows  but the next generation may have different thoughts just like the generation previous had negative thoughts about compound bows .

Ok give me one good reason that a airbow shouldn't be allowed in crossbow season if they both have the same exact power .

I'm ok with crossbows now in the season don't see any logical reason why keep the airbow or crossbow  that can be made very narrow then the limit they have now   out if the power is kept to about the  same level as a crossbow ,  What the hell is the difference,  If your not going to shoot a recurve bow or compound anyway.

Edited by Storm914

On 5/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, Storm914 said:

Sorry but at the point when you wanted something that you can hold and shoot like a rifle  but that shoots broadheads  into that season  you opened the path to 

Shitty gun that shoots arrows instead of bullets   Airbow arrowrifle crossbow arrowgun and any such device that propels  a arrow  instead of a bullet .

Is fair game and  will be  seriously taken into consideration  to be allowed into that season  . Crossman marketers and lawyers,  a NY state company btw knows this and is already planning for the future.

From a  hunting and lawmaker point of view only thing that really matters is the power that these weapons can produce. 

You can make a shitty  arrow gun no more powerful then a bow . Just limit the feet per  second and let the engineers  get as creative as they want on the design of there joe rogan shitty gun . 

The original intent of archery season is lost  , not enough guys care anymore so it will evolve and  has already  we went from a simple stick and arrow to high tech materials triggers cams cables pulleys and so on . .

Now you may want to draw the line at  crossbows  but the next generation may have different thoughts just like the generation previous had negative thoughts about compound bows .

Ok give me one good reason that a airbow shouldn't be allowed in crossbow season if they both have the same exact power .

I'm ok with crossbows now in the season don't see any logical reason why keep the airbow or crossbow  that can be made very narrow then the limit they have now   out if the power is kept to about the  same level as a crossbow ,  What the hell is the difference,  If your not going to shoot a recurve bow or compound anyway.

Blah blah blah. Airguns are not archery regardless of how you spin it. No limbs, no string, not firing an arrow with a broadhead off of said string, not archery.

Like I said before in this thread, if you want to limit crossbows, then you have to set limits on compounds also.

Keep on quoting a stand up comedian, it just makes your argument that much less substantial.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Blah blah blah. Airguns are not archery regardless of how you spin it. No limbs, no string, not firing an arrow with a broadhead off of said string, not archery.

Like I said before in this thread, if you want to limit crossbows, then you have to set limits on compounds also.

Keep on quoting a stand up comedian, it just makes your argument that much less substantial.

Compound bow has to be held with the same technique as a recurve only difference is it let's you hold more weight easier. 

The technique used to hold a crossbow is the same as a rifle and shoots a bolt the same as the  airbow .

So why not just let  it in put a limit on feet per second and stop playing around with the  word play  of its definition. 

20 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Compound bow has to be held with the same technique as a recurve only difference is it let's you hold more weight easier. 

The technique used to hold a crossbow is the same as a rifle and shoots a bolt the same as the  airbow .

So why not just let  it in put a limit on feet per second and stop playing around with the  word play  of its definition. 

Thats not the only difference, and its a huge advantage. How about peep sights, bow mounted laser range finders, mechanical releases, fiber optic lighted sights, full containment rests, etc etc.

There is no wordplay on the definition. You are comparing an airgun to different types of bows.

I have better things to do than argue with a guy that uses a comedians definition of something to base their argument on. Have a great day.

• Thanks 1

Fun fact, there is no such thing as “ Olympic powerlifting .” as mentioned in meme above , there is Olympic lifting ( snatch and clean and jerk ) that is an Olympic event, and Powerlifting  ( bench, squat, and deadlift ) that is not an Olympic event .

Carry on .

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Just stop ,you're wasting your time . 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Fun fact, there is no such thing as “ Olympic powerlifting .” as mentioned in meme above , there is Olympic lifting ( snatch and clean and jerk ) that is an Olympic event, and Powerlifting  ( bench, squat, and deadlift ) that is not an Olympic event .

Carry on .

And I thought you were just a pretty face Larry.  There are a few that have jumped from PL to OL  (shane Hammond and Mark Henry) and the largest worldwide PL federation IPF is subject to the same drug testing as Olympics (WADA). 

What I also finding interesting is Oly lifts are really power lifts ,and powerlifting movements are strength movements , but I don’t think they’ll rename them accordingly at this point .

Later we can discuss why the third PL should be the standing press, and not the bench .

Im off to the gym now where ,I’ll mostly sit on machines and stare at women . ( I’ve metaled in that )

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Carry on .

" Snatch, clean and jerk " ??  I may have been involved in an Olympic sport and never even KNEW it.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm only going to say one more thing if you just limit the feet per second of what you are going to use in archery it don't  matter if  the arrow is being launched by a airbow  or a crossbow .

If your going to put the crossbow in archery anyway may as well have that to and be done with it .

23 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

What I also finding interesting is Oly lifts are really power lifts ,and powerlifting movements are strength movements , but I don’t think they’ll rename them accordingly at this point .

Later we can discuss why the third PL should be the standing press, and not the bench .

Im off to the gym now where ,I’ll mostly sit on machines and stare at women . ( I’ve metaled in that )

Speed and strength are both components of power and the best PLers and OLers will utilize both their lifts.  OL definitely is a learned skill and requires more precise technique than PL to reach the top.

Neither use a string or arrow and neither should be included in bow season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Thats not the only difference, and its a huge advantage. How about peep sights, bow mounted laser range finders, mechanical releases, fiber optic lighted sights, full containment rests, etc etc.

There is no wordplay on the definition. You are comparing an airgun to different types of bows.

I have better things to do than argue with a guy that uses a comedians definition of something to base their argument on. Have a great day.

for what it's worth, just about any piece of hunting equipment has the ability to add modern tech to it. 

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bow-accessories/sights-scopes-peeps/recurve-sight-pins-apertures.html

what we choose to add is generally up to us. I have a fiber optic site and dropaway, but no stab. some monkey tails but no mounted range finder. Generally speaking the big advantage of compound to recurve is the ability to hold at draw and the increased performance associated with that. While the compound is much more forgiving and effective, it's still not as apples and oranges as the verticle bow is to the crossbow. 

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

Generally speaking the big advantage of compound to recurve is the ability to hold at draw and the increased performance associated with that. While the compound is much more forgiving and effective, it's still not as apples and oranges as the verticle bow is to the crossbow. 

Honestly holding the recurve is the easy part and I don't think a significant disadvantage when compared to a compound - although it is some disadvantage.  But shooting without a rest, with fingers and without the use of the peep site make any trad bow much more susceptible to misses due to form break down and lack of repeatability.  Just my opinion.    I really think that is why even with a sight, many people give up on trad bows while most can become reasonably proficient with a compound in a short period of time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Honestly holding the recurve is the easy part and I don't think a significant disadvantage when compared to a compound - although it is some disadvantage.  But shooting without a rest, with fingers and without the use of the peep site make any trad bow much more susceptible to misses due to form break down and lack of repeatability.  Just my opinion.    I really think that is why even with a sight, many people give up on trad bows while most can become reasonably proficient with a compound in a short period of time.

you're a recurve archer and i'm not, so i have no reason to dispute your claim; so question instead. Don't they make those attachments to use if you wanted? 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

you're a recurve archer and i'm not, so i have no reason to dispute your claim; so question instead. Don't they make those attachments to use if you wanted? 

I tried a release once with a recurve and never again.  It was horrible - probably due largely to how a trad bow is tillered.  They are made to shoot with fingers and fingers impose a different force (sideways) on the string and arrow making a rest (like a drop away or biscuit rest useless and hinder good shooting).  Also, for most trad shooters, the string goes to the side of the face making a peep useless.  Olympic shooters draw to the chin which may make a peep useful (not really sure) but that requires a sight for sure as the arrow tip will be yards below the target.  Most hunters don't anchor in a place where a peep could be used.  I don't disagree Belo that originally, the big selling point of compounds was a lightened load at full draw and it is nice.  Its just not what I think makes "mastering" a trad bow so difficult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

for what it's worth, just about any piece of hunting equipment has the ability to add modern tech to it. 

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bow-accessories/sights-scopes-peeps/recurve-sight-pins-apertures.html

what we choose to add is generally up to us. I have a fiber optic site and dropaway, but no stab. some monkey tails but no mounted range finder. Generally speaking the big advantage of compound to recurve is the ability to hold at draw and the increased performance associated with that. While the compound is much more forgiving and effective, it's still not as apples and oranges as the verticle bow is to the crossbow. 

I agree until the last sentence, but you already know that :)

26 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

At this point, i think were all fighting for something that's going to be passed eventually. Not a fan of full inclusion my self, but we'll probably see it eventually. And once its passed, im sure ill use one time to time. 

eh, they've said that for last 7+ years though.

Edited by Belo

5 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

That stand up comedian has as much knowledge on the subject as anyone that's going to chime in on this thread.