Yours or your kids first gun

sodfather

My daughter was just a recent Grad of her hunter safety course and thought I’d take her to look at some guns and get her fitted. Went to Corfu A&k guns and I happen to know owner Ken pretty well over the years. He really took his time with her measuring her and keeping in mind that we wanted a gun she can grow into. Ended up with a 20g Browning micro Midas. It has the expansion plates for her as she grows and have the option to get a 28” barrel later on . Funny my first gun was a Browning A5 and now hers is a Browning. She’s really pumped to start shredding some paper and eventually clay’s . So what or when was your first?

E8B2BDA2-8006-4D1B-9255-5E4A3F092168.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Congrats. My first was won at a gun raffle I think the year I was born.  A ducks unlimited marlin 22. it still has the tags on it. Never fired. my dad bought me a Remington 1100 that was my first gun I used and called my own.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Congrats. My first was won at a gun raffle I think the year I was born.  A ducks unlimited marlin 22. it still has the tags on it. Never fired. my dad bought me a Remington 1100 that was my first gun I used and called my own.

Funny you mention that. My daughter asked what one of y guns stick out the most I said the ones I won cause those are bitter sweet 

My first. A hand me down from my oldest brother to older brother then to me, the baby of the bunch. 

It's a single shot Savage .410.  my dad bought it new for my oldest brother in the early 60's.  

I still have it in my safe. I officially handed it down to my late nephew's kids.  My nephew took his first squirrel with it. When I know his kids old enough to realize the value, ill gladly hand it over. 

• Like 1

Mine was my single shot h&r 20gauge took alot of my first animals with that.  It will also be the gun my daughter takes for her first ever outing next weekend for turkey.   Her first gun will be a single shot. Its family tradition first gun being a single shot doesnt matter what caliber.

• Like 1

My first was a 30/30 model 94 Winchester.  My Dad said he would pay half if I came up with half. Its my #1 deer gun still.  Then that next season my Dad bought me a used 12 gauge mossberg cause back then all southern tier was shotgun and I got the bird barrel to go with it. I passed that along last season to a buddys son that is a new hunter.  But the 30/30 i will always keep.  

after thinking about it my first gun was a daisy BB gun.  My Dad bought me one and i was about 8.  Had to keep it up at camp where my Mom didnt know about it.  Then I was like 12 and my Dad says - your Mom said she was gonna get you a BB gun for xmas.  I told her I already bought one for you. So we had to wrap it up even though i already had it for 4 years.  lol 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Mine was a Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle.  My Dad used to keep it in its box in his closet.  I knew exactly where it was and used to sneak in there and look at it for hrs each day.  Can still smell the brand new plastic/Hoppes #9 smell LOL

• Like 1

H&R single  12 gauge, shot lots and lots of bunny’s with that gun. Good times with my dad and our beagle duke. When I was old enough to big game hunt we had a gunsmith install  a flip up dove tail on the rear and I killed some deer with it and the old Remington sluggers. I still have it too.

• Like 1

That an awesome first gun, hot dang! 

My first was an 1148 12ga I believe? Shot it for a bit but didnt like the feel at 12 years old. Probably due to the 28 or 30" barrel it had. MY dad got it for $50 20 years ago.. It was the only semi shotgun ive owned and wish like heck i still had it.  

• Like 1

It always brings a smile to my face when I see a youngster pass their Hunter Safety Course. Congrats to your daughter sodfather! So cool, you have a lifelong hunting partner! And we have another young lady added to our ranks.

My first gun was a broken stock single shot 22lr given to me from the farmer I worked for. My first REAL gun was a Model 37, 16 gauge Ithaca, that I purchased with money earned working for that farmer. 

That gun has killed everything from chipmunks to deer. I still have it.

• Like 3

Mine where a single shot h&r 20ga. and marlin 336c .35 my father bought me and my brother them at the same time. The first one I payed for was a marlin M2 semi auto .22 wish I still had that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1