Yours or your kids first gun

sodfather

Beauty of a first gun right there......

My first gun my father bought me is a Remington bolt action .410. I have used it very little all these years. There is a picture of me somewhere with my dad holding the gun and showing it to me. I couldn't have been more than 2. The gun is much taller than me in the picture. Someday ill have to find that pic and upload it here. It still in my gun safe 40+ years later and will be for the remainder of my life.

• Like 1

My first gun was "loaned" to me by my Grandfather and My father had used it as his first. It was a Remington model 9.   12 gauge with a side cock and concealed hammer. 30" barrel that had a fixed full choke. It was ALL this 10 year old wanted to handle. My father said it was my small game gun and I had to take my first deer with it before I got anything that was more than a single shot. Wish we still had it but Grandpa got rid of it because the cocking lever started slipping over the screw head that held it cocked. Never quite knew when it could go off as you cocked and shouldered the gun. 
Since my daughter doesn't hunt I guess her first gun is whatever she wants to pick up of mine to shoot. I do have to say that her favorite is the 357 Taurus that Cabin Fever sold me. 
357.thumb.jpg.113423cb3c955d2c7f918cbbf5e39c16.jpg
I love it!! Great pic Bob!! LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Took Isabel out for the first time to shoot some paper. She did good hit a 18x18 cardboard and was a little scared at first but went good after the first round. I can’t thank Ken from A&K guns in Corfu for helping her with proper stance and cheek placement cause this could have been a disaster. Tried her on clays but didn’t hit any moving but she kept at it. All in all she went through a box of 25 and had a good time. 

127E74CB-A64E-4EFA-85AF-155F319AE961.jpeg

• Like 8

Bought my stepson his first gun, about 6 years ago.. a rossi single.. 410/22. Cheap and Neat little gun. I asked him about it the other day. Since he is into others guns he has received the last couple years(12g, 20, nicer 410, 17wsm, 6.5cm, 3030, 204 lol) has no interest in this one whats ever. Told me i can have it. My first thought was, I will thread the barrel and make a 410 Turkey gun.. but after more thought.. IThink I will just hold on to it and keep it clean for when he has kids one day..  Im sure he'd like it then as he matures. 

may14longrifles 013.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

• Like 1