Turkey Receipies

165 finished temp for poultry. I’m assuming you pulled it and let it rest and retemped it at 165?

Brine will help add flavor, for wild birds I’d go at least 24 hours. Store bought birds are injected with crap needing less time in brine. 

Yeah let it rest. Outsides were easily 165, middle probably got close enough but we’re all still alive.

Wild turkey dark meat tastes like shoe leather. And that's being generous. I'd rather eat a belt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t say it was that bad. But I just have the one example and it was smoked/roasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn’t say it was that bad. But I just have the one example and it was smoked/roasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like yours came out much better than mine have. May need to try your technique.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 5/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, Belo said:

absolutely outstanding sammich, and all the motivation i need to wake up at 4am and attempt to slay another woods chicken

001.thumb.JPG.d4d44eef5f791de4ea24eb6291f76117.JPG

slay another in khakis?
...i think you're getting a little over confident.

22 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

slay another in khakis?
...i think you're getting a little over confident.

I fully expect it to take another few years, but I will be out tomorrow morning, bright and early. I'm already having the dreams (last night) where my gun wont fire and then i finally get a shot off and miss and then when i do get him he's like a small jake no bigger than grouse lol

• Like 3