May the 4th be with you...

Grizz1219

It was for me, LOL. This spot was "Plan B", was trying to coax 2 long beards out of this bowl in a hedgerow for my buddy, he's never killed a bird in NY and he is on one of those kicks of shooting birds in different states.. had other birds going but we were focused on the 2 in the bowl about 150 yards away.. All of a sudden, about 15 feet behind us on the other side of the hedgerow, this bird gobbles, I'm set up near the opening between the two fields so the bird has to come by me. The bird gobbles again like 5 feet behind us but then starts alarm putting, knowing this bird is leaving and the putting will kill the idea of the other birds coming in, I start yelping on my diaphragm call as I roll up to standing... The bird is moving away but nut running because he hears a hen, I get standing, red dot goes on the back of his head and BOOM!! dump him in the field.. Go out, grab him, go back to the set up.. Wait 10 minutes and start calling again.. The 2 birds in the bowl fire right back at me.. I ended up calling them out of the bowl, and the rocker of the two within 25 yards of my buddy... He shoots twice and MISSES!! LOL... if you are on Facebook you can hear some of my calling and him shooting and missing.. Worked them for an hour and a half and pulled them out of their bowl right to my buddies gun after I killed my bird...  So I had a GREAT day... he was kicking himself all weekend.. LOL
Modify message

aaaNy20191.jpg

aaaNy20192.jpg

• Like 1