Rainy weather

maytom

The first few days of our season it was raining out pretty good. I hate the rain, especially for spring turkey season. Finally starting Sunday the weather cleared for a day or two.

Only been out Monday morning so far, heard one, but it kept going away from me, must of had hens with him. Stayed put and cold called every 20 minutes, ended up calling in three jakes

which proceeded to trounce my jake decoy!!! Having enough of that I spooked them off and stuck it out from 5am till 11am. Windless morning, perfect senero to hear one sound off over 200 yards away.

Nothing started until 8am, when I heard one sound off behind me approx. 100 yards away. Tried to coax him in but no luck. Then those three jakes showed up silently about 9:30. wishing all who is out the best of luck!!

• Like 2

maytom, I was hoping to see your name pop up here during May!!  Rainy weather has turkey's tight lipped here. With lots of standing water to navigate around in the fields. Did see two on Sunday. But in the mid afternoon.

You got this my friend. Will be looking forward to seeing you in a pic with a nice Tom very soon.

Sending you good luck and well wishes from Zach and I.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1