What do you do with the spurs?

Five Seasons

I have my beard and fan "curing" at the moment and I have an HS Strut plaque, but this Tom is special to me and I'd like to include the spurs somehow into the mount. There seems to be limited options online. What do you guys do (if anything) with the spurs from your bigger birds?

1 minute ago, Belo said:

I have my beard and fan "curing" at the moment and I have an HS Strut plaque, but this Tom is special to me and I'd like to include the spurs somehow into the mount. There seems to be limited options online. What do you guys do (if anything) with the spurs from your bigger birds?

Run a string through them and hang them on the plaque. Ill get a pic of one

You can make a Necklace or just keep them attached to the Legs and keep pairs together with a plastic Twistie and throw them in a big Box.
20190508_102016.thumb.jpg.5bf6698fac16964d78c7fe59578a2351.jpg
Those still attached are massive and super sharp

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:09 AM, Belo said:

i ended up buying this. turns out its local from NY so that makes me happy. It's very well made and I'll get him mounted in a week or so and share the pics. it's a little pricey, but this is my first big Tom and I want to cherish the memory. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

over the weekend i saw a guy in a truck pulled off the road talking on his cell. he had a lanyard full of spurs hanging off his rear view mirror. not going to lie it looked badass hanging there being its during turkey season.

• Like 1

Spurs.......(one pair from last spring has to be strung on yet)

SSGSCdD.jpg

Since fans are being shown; here's a couple pics of three at home:

At the bottom of my basement stairs since 1991, stapled to cupboard doors and seen by a few members here-

mfE7YcU.jpg

And in the stairwell going into my basement hangs a very special turkey fan and back feathers.  Special because I hunted him for a bunch of consecutive days before killing him about a mile from where we started to battle on the second last day of the season late in the morning. Not much too look at but every day as I go out the door or into the basement he reminds me of the day.

udMj2pu.jpg

The only other "mount" I have of a gobbler hangs at the Buffalo Gun Center on their wall as a donation.  My wife diodn't like it so I asked them if they wanted to hang it up after they remodeled quite a few years ago.  They took it and there it hangs, as we speak.  He was a dandy and proved to be worthy adversary too. I don't have any pics of him in the store, drive up if you want to see it. :)  (maybe buy a gun or some ammo?)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

Spurs.......(one pair from last spring has to be strung on yet)
SSGSCdD.jpg&key=7b5ed1943345f808ce64f4753bab025b570a793a1087c474388fe8827df15123
Since fans are being shown; here's a couple pics of three at home:
At the bottom of my basement stairs since 1991, stapled to cupboard doors and seen by a few members here-
mfE7YcU.jpg&key=5176c6837c1d8dc988c38e6e6926a28e8e19e71e9ec95f7a33cf835548fd25de
And in the stairwell going into my basement hangs a very special turkey fan and back feathers.  Special because I hunted him for a bunch of consecutive days before killing him about a mile from where we started to battle on the second last day of the season late in the morning. Not much too look at but every day as I go out the door or into the basement he reminds me of the day.
udMj2pu.jpg&key=8b0541bd26c7e685653f6c163608b1e34fbaaabd12bbefbfdb149eabe0607285
The only other "mount" I have of a gobbler hangs at the Buffalo Gun Center on their wall as a donation.  My wife diodn't like it so I asked them if they wanted to hang it up after they remodeled quite a few years ago.  They took it and there it hangs, as we speak.  He was a dandy and proved to be worthy adversary too. I don't have any pics of him in the store, drive up if you want to see it.   (maybe buy a gun or some ammo?)

Wow man. Motivation right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

Have a bucket full of feet. Some day I’ll cut spurs off and put on leather lanyard   But I say that every year. 

Cut, drill then string...........much less clutter. :)

• Like 1