Got a nice Tom on Monday 5/6!

buffalojay83

I missed the opener so Monday was my opener.  I usually sit and wait on my hunts but my opportunities to get out this year are less so I was a little aggressive.  I heard 3 gobblers at sunrise, then it got quiet.  I decided to creep back into the woods and pull my cards from some cameras I have set up.  After missing and walking by my camera, I heard a loud tom hammer off about 150 yds away.  I called to him after he gobbled with a woodhaven mouthcall then I stayed quiet.  Man, my heart started pumping and I put my hen down, facing away from the direction the gobble came from.  I snuck off about ten yards from the hen and saw the brightest red I've ever seen glistening in the sun!  He was hurrying on the way over for some love or a fight.  Smacked him with benelli 12ga., 3 1/2 in.  hevishot magnum blend about 25ish yards away, he dropped right there!  I went back out Tuesday, but didn't hear a thing.  Gonna try to tag out this Saturday!  Good luck!

20190506_094708[1].jpg

IMG_20190506_214314_634[1].jpg

IMG_20190506_180504_683[1].jpg

20190507_154529[1].jpg

• Like 20