New pot call and strikers

rachunter

Picked up a new primos jackpot and a set of primos strikers. I’m getting ready to conditioning it with the sand paper that came with it. It’s been a while since I’ve done one from scratch and can’t remember if the strikers get sanded? I normally use scotchbrite on the ones I have but three of these are wood one is acrylic.

8c4fbbc3e5c2d25a88f5169ebad0ceff.jpgc7e209f974497f16b49ec356fb1938fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks guys I really had to get on the glass to make it sing.I don't remember having to sand my double glass but that was 20 years ago,Hit the wood strikers with the scotchbrite but not the plastic one.Next sunday can't get here fast enough.

• Like 1

I’ve run a Primos Jackpot slate as primary call forever. But you just reminded me I had to condition this that was in vest. It’ll be better on rainy humid days. Slate sucks moisture like a sponge and always hitting it with scotchbrite throughout the morning 3fc487d31171d4f9994460ec0a27f5b1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve run a Primos Jackpot slate as primary call forever. But you just reminded me I had to condition this that was in vest. It’ll be better on rainy humid days. Slate sucks moisture like a sponge and always hitting it with scotchbrite throughout the morning 3fc487d31171d4f9994460ec0a27f5b1.jpg

Ya I've seen you mention it a few times on here.The deciding factor was the price. I lost/left my double glass somewhere last year.That was my go to call. Life would be easier if I could use a mouth call.