Eggs In The Darnedest Places.....

Lawdwaz

Robin eggs show up in the craziest places.  Here we have some beauties in a nest at work, on an extension ladder and well protected from the elements.  Hopefully I didn't scare mom-ma too bad when I placed another ladder next to that one.   (she scared me when she came rocketing out!!)

6iVUcs3.jpg

Taco Tim has a cool picture in the turkey thread of some backyard eggs he found, unknown what critter left them but we have a hunch........

• Like 5

Had a robin with a nest in my grape vines one time. It was cool to see the eggs, but in order to leave my house from the back entrance you'd have to walk right under it. Well when you did that, the robin would burst out of there flying and it would scare you for a quick second. I wouldnt mind seeing a nest in there again. 

• Like 2

I have had a pair  of robins trying to build a nest on top of a light within inches of the door we use as our main entrance...

No deal, because I don't want the bird droppings on my doorstep....They worked a couple of days last week and I tore it down as soon as they started to build it..I thought they had given up, but this morning when The Mermaid and I got back from breakfast, they had a pretty good start again...

I tore it down..About a half hour later, I opened the door to see if they were still trying, and had a robin about six inches from my nose..

The trauma to the poor bird may have clinched it....No more nest building attempts since then..

• Haha 1

Way back when my boys were 8 and 6 we had a robin build a nest in a flower box under a window looking out over our front porch that sits even with our upstairs stairway landing. The boys would sit for hours on the landing watching the mama sit , hatch and then feed them. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

Last year robins built a nest and had eggs on the spare tire underneath my pontoon boat. I had been looking forward all winter to my spring perch fishing, and the wife but down the law about bothering them....

Nature took its course though within a few days. It looked as though racoons got into the nest. At that time it got relocated.