old man river

Jimmy Carter Recovering From Surgery After Breaking His Hip While Going To Turkey Hunt...

I had no idea Former President Jimmy Carter was a dyed in the wool Spring Turkey Hunter. When, I read that he has not yet reached his Limit of 3 Georgia Gobblers with less then 1 week left- well that told me everything.  I hope Georgia Game+ Fish honors his request to have that 1 unused Tag added on to next year's Spring Tags.

9 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I hope Georgia Game+ Fish honors his request to have that 1 unused Tag added on to next year's Spring Tags.

I didn't and won't watch the video but you gotta be kidding me, REALLY? 

(OK, I'll watch it.....)

• Like 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

That's the same thing, I thought!  Different kind of Democrat perhaps. I know at one time Jimmy Carter was a Peanut Farmer. He has probably taken a truckload of Toms over his 94 years.

I watched it.......typical democratic entitlement; gimme what I'm due. 

Fugg 'em

• Haha 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Carter both hunts and is a fisherman, a friend of mine got his autograph at the Bass Pro mother store in Springfield Mo. years ago. He was promoting an outdoor book he wrote about fishing I think. 

There was a time Democrats were not the phony political assholes they are today when it comes to the outdoor sports as in John Kerry.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

Serious Dogs For Serious Work

16 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I think he will be granted that Tag for next Season. 

Why?

• Like 1

Sorry....I never forgave the peanut shucking prick for pardoning the scumbags that ran off to Canada  during the Vietnam war,  while the rest  of us were doing our duty to our country and fighting and dying... I  was never in a combat zone, but I SERVED and lost several good friends , including one of my best hunting and fishing buddies..He died before his 21st birthday....

I also will NEVER watch a film starring Jane Fonda.. She should have been brought up on charges for treason...

Sorry folks.. Rant over....Just a tender spot for me...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

A Democrat Hunting ???

It happens

• Like 1

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

In my view, not a good president or I would ever care for his politics, but really not the focus as politics is razor sharp on most everything anymore. He's a turkey hunter, served our country and governed (you can discuss that elsewhere I guess) and I'll wish him Godspeed on his recovery as he took one for the team on the job...

• Like 1

Gone

I think it's great that he still hunts at 94 yrs old. But as for the unused tag he can have tag soup just like the rest of us!

• Like 3

Hunt when I can.. ;)

53 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Sorry....I never forgave the peanut shucking prick for pardoning the scumbags that ran off to Canada  during the Vietnam war,  while the rest  of us were doing our duty to our country and fighting and dying... I  was never in a combat zone, but I SERVED and lost several good friends , including one of my best hunting and fishing buddies..He died before his 21st birthday....

I also will NEVER watch a film starring Jane Fonda.. She should have been brought up on charges for treason...

Sorry folks.. Rant over....Just a tender spot for me...

I would forgive him a lot quicker than I would that other member of his "party" who got us tangled up in that mess over there.   The only one of Jane's movies I saw was "On Golden Pond".   She did not look too bad in her bikini.   Some jail time probably would have done her good, and may have shaped her up a little quicker.                 

11 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I would forgive him a lot quicker than I would that other member of his "party" who got us tangled up in that mess over there.   The only one of Jane's movies I saw was "On Golden Pond".   She did not look too bad in her bikini.   Some jail time probably would have done her good, and may have shaped her up a little quicker.                 

Being  a godless heathen, Wolc..I probably FORGIVE a little less than you do.....

The photos of Jane posing on NVA  antiaircraft guns, and beside wrecks of American  planes shot down, while  grinning like a possum eating s**t, still haunt me...She had to be guilty of " aiding and abetting the enemy"....

And then when Jimmy Carter decided to let all of the  shiftless hippie bastards who fled to Canada to avoid the draft return with no  punishment, that was the last straw....The draft was in effect then....You young guys have never experienced that.... The last thing I wanted to do at that time of my life was to end up in a rice paddy with a bunch of little guys in black pajamas SHOOTING at my ass,  but I did my duty, as did most of my peers...Over 50,000 of them did not return, and many who did bore physical and emotional scars for the rest of their lives....In my high school graduating class of 100, we lost 4 guys KIA, and another 4 guys who had serious injuries...One guy commited suicide soon after he got back, due to trauma suffered when he was over there..A couple of other guys here in town are on permanent disability from wounds suffered in 'Nam..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe he drove the country economically over the cliff while at the controls also.

• Like 1

Carter's politics and presidency aside, his outdoor book was very good.  He grew up hunting and fishing and the book captures the experiences of a country boy enjoying the outdoors.  It was published in 1988 and I bought a copy soon after.  It's a good read and I highly recommend it.

image.jpeg

Edited by steve863

people (hunters especially) need to put political difference aside in all aspects of life except for when talking politics. I'm sorry to hear this last night on the news, but also glad that we have an ambassador out there and can only hope to be hunting birds in my 90's! Hope he recovers soon.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

38 minutes ago, Belo said:

people (hunters especially) need to put political difference aside in all aspects of life except for when talking politics. I'm sorry to hear this last night on the news, but also glad that we have an ambassador out there and can only hope to be hunting birds in my 90's! Hope he recovers soon.

Let's look at it this way.  What other American president other than Theodore Roosevelt actually penned a book about anything closely related to hunting and fishing?   I'm surely not expecting anything from Obama or Trump.  LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve863 said:

Let's look at it this way.  What other American president other than Theodore Roosevelt actually penned a book about anything closely related to hunting and fishing?   I'm surely not expecting anything from Obama or Trump.  LOL

trumps would at least be written at a level that I could read it to my little boys before bed :rofl:

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

18 minutes ago, Belo said:

trumps would at least be written at a level that I could read it to my little boys before bed :rofl:

It would be the best book, the very best. Possibly the best book of all time. All of the other books would be a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

It would be the best book, the very best. Possibly the best book of all time. All of the other books would be a disaster.

It would have lots of boasting about himself, that's for darned sure. 

• Like 1