OH..Canada !!

Pygmy

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Prince Edward County, near Picton….It is on the north shore of Lake Ontario about due north of Sodus Bay...

It's only about 125 miles north of my home as the crow flies, but it's about a 300 mile trip since I have to drive around the lake..

Nice. I'm also headed for Canada Thursday morning. Roughly 180 miles north of Picton as the crow flies for some lake trout fishing in the boonies at camp... Have a good time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

Good Luck Dan, You chasing Bigfoots Bears Or turkeys? lol

I'm bunking with Bigfoot..He already ate all of the bears in the area, so I have to settle for hunting turkeys..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Damn !!  Is Fred still kicking  ??  Bless his heart if he is....I met him back in the early 1980s when I first got  involved on the grassroots level with my local NWTF Chapter, The Twin Tiers Chapter....

He'd probably remember you. Have not seen him in awhile. I know he was battling cancer. We would chat about his turkey trapping that started in the '60's. Nice man. 

The truck is loaded.....I'm heading out in the morning....I'll be setting up my blind tomorrow afternoon and hunting Friday morning....Gotta make a few traditional stops on the way up...Picking up a bottle of Crown,  a bucket of KFC, and  a couple of quarts of Bick's garlic dill pickles...  Life is GOOD !!….

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Gotta make a few traditional stops on the way up...Picking up a bottle of Crown,  a bucket of KFC, and  a couple of quarts of Bick's garlic dill pickles...  Life is GOOD !!….

"A bottle of Crown"

A...

A...

I hope (and I'm sure you will) take advantage of the duty free limit on booze.  I'm not up on that stuff but last time I was in Oh Canada for the day I bought and declared three or four bottles of Crown.  Gawd I love Oh Canada.....

KFC I'll pass on.  Those pickles would probably be a winner on a Keuka fishing trip.  Just a thought though.  :)

I just drove back from Canada and grabbed a bottle of Crown Reserve at the border. (I think just for the felt bag.)

Don't forget the ketchup potato chips, peameal bacon, Smarties, Coffee Crisp and Mott's Clamato Juice.

Edited by left field
  • Like 2

Last year I bought a 1.75 liter bottle of Crown at the duty free on the way in for about $22 IIRC...

However the dude at the  Canadian Customs  charged me duty on my 30 pack of Genny light..He said I could bring either the whiskey OR the beer duty free, but not both....Since I had paid 13.97 for the beer at Walmart, it was no big deal...Other years I have taken the beer and the jug in and paid no duty...Probably depends on what officer is on duty  and how bored he is at the time...I will set aside a quart of Bick's for the fishing trip, but they won't last long..

3 minutes ago, left field said:

I just drove back from Canada and grabbed a bottle of Crown Reserve at the border. (I think just for the felt bag.)

Don't forget the ketchup potato chips, peameal bacon, Smarties, Coffee Crisp and Mott's Clamato Juice.

LOOOOVE the P-Meal bacon  !!  Can't get that stuff down here.....

8 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Last year I bought a 1.75 liter bottle of Crown at the duty free on the way in for about $22 IIRC...

However the dude at the  Canadian Customs  charged me duty on my 30 pack of Genny light..He said I could bring either the whiskey OR the beer duty free, but not both....Since I had paid 13.97 for the beer at Walmart, it was no big deal...Other years I have taken the beer and the jug in and paid no duty...Probably depends on what officer is on duty  and how bored he is at the time...I will set aside a quart of Bick's for the fishing trip, but they won't last long..

Coming back into the USA is when you get the Duty Free deals.......CHEAP!!!