Thermacell

mpavlus

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Works great, as long as you are stationary...Mine is going to Canada with me tomorrow....One spring a few years back I forgot to take it and almost got eaten alive.

Thanks. Sitting in the woods last weekend black flies had the advantage. Good luck in Canada 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Times a million. As long as the breeze isn’t blowing too much they are fantastic. I use the lantern one on the patio at home too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What I have found is if the breeze is blowing hard enough to disparate the chemical it is usually hard enough to keep the bugs down.  I love mine.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I was on a bear hunt one time and all of a sudden Im absolutely covered up in mosquitoes. I checked the Thermacell and sure enough the butane had run out. Swapped it out and in just a few minutes all was clear again

Did it work well on black flies?  Last year, I didn't really use it while hunting bear much but the few times I did, it didn't seem to eliminate the flies.  That said, the flies were the worst on the last 3 days and by then, I was pulling all stops, including no thermacell, with the hope of seeing one.

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Did it work well on black flies?  Last year, I didn't really use it while hunting bear much but the few times I did, it didn't seem to eliminate the flies.  That said, the flies were the worst on the last 3 days and by then, I was pulling all stops, including no thermacell, with the hope of seeing one.

Ive been lucky and have not encountered black flies on my bear hunts, just clouds of skeeters. My buddies bring them to St Regis Falls in June and wear them on the river and claim it works well on black flies. I dont bother because they dont seem to bother me much out in the water and Im moving a lot anyway

6 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Anybody use them in blinds?

Jerry my son and I usually sit in a Redneck 6' x 6' ground blind. We have one of them backed up to a timber swamp that is a mosquito breeding ground. We keep the windows and mesh screens open with the thermacell going and the mosquitoes don't even fly in. We both have hay fever and the thermacell doesn't bother us at all. If there are mosquitoes in the blind when we open it up we start up the thermacell and it clears them right out. A thermacell is well worth the price.          valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 2