Would you support a $1 hunting license increase to help feed the hungry?

2 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Also a lifetime holder.   I would not trust NYS to take money anymore and put it where it is suppose to go.  They keep telling us that Social security will run out, what about welfare!  Seems one gets money put in then taken out while the other just has money taken out.  I simply do not trust Big brother to do the right thing, they keep doing the wrong things with money we give them. 

Here is the link so you can cut out the middleman. 

http://venisondonation.com/donate/

There might be a better way to cover the processing  cash shortfall, if indeed there is one.   Say for example, that a participating processor normally charges $ 60 to cut and freezer-wrap a deer.    A hunter who wants to donate a deer to the program ought to be encouraged and given the option of covering all or part of that $ 60 themselves.   The dollars they cover might be indicated on a receipt as a "charitable contribution" for tax auditing purposes.  More importantly, in the long run, it is ALWAYS better to give than to receive.  That "extra" deer is a lot less of a gift, if other folks money has to pay to process it.    I believe that there are lots of hunters out there who really do want to give more, not less, especially when so much of their own effort went in to getting that "gift" in the first place.          

Edited by wolc123

There is absolutely no way this $1 “donation “ will ever feed anyone. This state just looks for ways to scam every single dime out of us. Look at the lottery all you need is a dollar and a dream and that money is to supposedly to fund education. But guess what schools are broke teachers are disgustingly underpaid. So screw you cuomo I’m on to you!

• Like 1

There might be a better way to cover the processing  cash shortfall, if indeed there is one.   Say for example, that a participating processor normally charges $ 60 to cut and freezer-wrap a deer.    A hunter who wants to donate a deer to the program ought to be encouraged and given the option of covering all or part of that $ 60 themselves.   The dollars they cover might be indicated on a receipt as a "charitable contribution" for tax auditing purposes.  More importantly, in the long run, it is ALWAYS better to give than to receive.  That "extra" deer is a lot less of a gift, if other folks money has to pay to process it.    I believe that there are lots of hunters out there who really do want to give more, not less, especially when so much of their own effort went in to getting that "gift" in the first place.          

You mean all the deductions no one in NY can’t take? Lol

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way this $1 “donation “ will ever feed anyone. This state just looks for ways to scam every single dime out of us. Look at the lottery all you need is a dollar and a dream and that money is to supposedly to fund education. But guess what schools are broke teachers are disgustingly underpaid. So screw you cuomo I’m on to you!

$1 is 4 servings in processing. 340,00 license purchasers =1,360,000 servings. FWIW