How does your garden grow 2019

Five Seasons

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Cut a crate in half yesterday/ reinforced with deck nails ( whole box )  and filled with soil. Buying started veggies tomorrow afternoon for full send 

D2D05D69-E6CE-475E-A61F-0C321E438939.jpeg

How much dirt did you end up using ?

Just got my plants in today.  They are root bound  in the pot  they are in rough shape . Plants weren't  very good when I bought them on  memorial day from the green house, but I got the plants I could .

Wife  and I talked about not doing a garden this year do to her shoulder surgery  Friday before memorial day.  Saturday she told me to go get plants 

Put in 6 celebrities  6 amish paste tomatoes  12  green pepper plants  2 yellow squash 2 zucchini  4 cucumber plants. That's about half what we usually grow. Time will tell if my tomatoes pull through.

• Like 1

few types of tomatoes /few types of peppers /lettuce going in today/tomorrow    PITA finding sugar snap pea plants   Called and stopped at 15 nurseries before locating them   Sold out or don't carry them.  Now I'm shopping for a new pellet gun as chipmunks mowed the sugar snap peas off at the base few years ago when we planted them. And the family of starlings eating grape jelly from oriole feeder needs to go.

• 3 weeks later...
few types of tomatoes /few types of peppers /lettuce going in today/tomorrow    PITA finding sugar snap pea plants   Called and stopped at 15 nurseries before locating them   Sold out or don't carry them.  Now I'm shopping for a new pellet gun as chipmunks mowed the sugar snap peas off at the base few years ago when we planted them. And the family of starlings eating grape jelly from oriole feeder needs to go.
Don't shoot your eye out!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My garden is pretty half assed this year. Late start, super busy. Kind of did a no till type garden. sprayed off vegetation. then cracked open the sod with a shovel and dropped corn seeds in rows. some green bean seeds too. The rest was potted plants we dug a whole for and re located. Kind of a great concept really. Like the same way i do food plots. Its our first year out in  the country and some critters are raising hell with the bean plants. lol. Finally fenced it, Im going to lay straw or hay down between the plants to suppress weeds and protect soil from the sun.  We are in a valley with black muck soil. should do pretty well. Also have 4 acres of pumpkins and several squash too lol