FFL near Webster, NY

mlammerhirt

Guys

Looking for an FFL near Webster NY.

I am trying to head that way Friday 5/24 to meet up with deerhuntNYhard from the fourm to purchase the two Hartfield

20 ga.'s he had for sale on the forum.

Just looking for a recommendations on who you guys have used in that area. We are also looking to make this transaction during the day since we are both off work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I thought that you only needed a FFL for transactions conducted that were shipped. I could be wrong, but if you’re meeting with the seller, I don’t think that you need someone with a FFL present. 

You do need an FFL to do this transaction, even in person. 

• Like 3

Also, the seller could have boxed them up and shipped them to your FFL (after he, the seller, had a copy of the FFL’s license) probably cheaper than the fuel you’ll burn driving there. 

Then you just stop in at your FFL after he receives them and fill out the paper work. Then pay him the fee he charges for the transfer. 

• Like 1

Also, the seller could have boxed them up and shipped them to your FFL (after he, the seller, had a copy of the FFL’s license) probably cheaper than the fuel you’ll burn driving there. 
Then you just stop in at your FFL after he receives them and fill out the paper work. Then pay him the fee he charges for the transfer. 
Does the seller need the copy for shipping reason? Or for proof he is sending it to an authorized FFL?

In NY you do NOT need an FFL to send a rifle/shotgun as a SELLER to an FFL. You can mail any long gun (not handgun) right at the post office.

There are lots of FFL's operating out of their homes with no store front and often will do transfers FTF or receive shipped firearms fairly inexpensively for transfer.

You can search for them right on Gunbroker;

https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index

The FFL will want a copy of a sellers drivers license in the box along with who the gun is intended for (don't laugh, my FFL gets boxes with no idea who they are for until he gets a phone call).

A seller should ask to receive a copy of the FFL where the firearm is being shipped; that can be a scan or hard copy accompanying payment.

You can see if the FFL is legit by searching online ATF data base;

https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Couple years ago I bought a rifle from Moog. (From Webster) Can't remember the FFL he used to send it to me? But they did a good job. My FFL here charged $30 and remounted the scope for free.

It was Beikirchs and they are now closed unfortunately

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Looks like they tack on an additional 40 for admin fees on top of the 10 nys fee.

I didn’t realize he was still open and he’s 2 miles from me, he was old 30 years ago .

Im going to On Target tomorrow,I’ll ask their  price if you want .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

Yes ,it’s a nice inside range,  not to much stock yet , a fair number of handguns ,maybe 20-25 long guns .

They seem to be mostly an indoor range with training available, classrooms , instructors ,private lanes for teaching .

My daughters going to take a one hour private lesson, when time allows , at least two former law enforcement officers, teach if I remember correctly .

Being new it’s a very clean indoor range , the staff has always been helpful and professional.