New Toy?

moog5050

Having sold my convertible several years back out of stupidity and later my motorcycle out of fear that a teen texting would leave my kids without their dad, I have been looking for an open air vehicle to use in the summer.  Got a sweet deal on this rubicon recon with only 1,300 miles.  Who knows, if I like it enough, the carpeted bed sissy truck may be sold.   Going to give it some time to decide whether I really need both.  Might be a toy or just a daily driver.   But liking it so far.  

066B1ECE-CCF3-46C4-9DC3-69803666646E.png

• Like 27

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Congratulations Brian! Jeeps are cool!  So much after market stuff you can add on too. Does the top come off this one??

Thanks Dave.  I did have them pull that ugly light bar off.  Hoping that I don't get bit by the mod bug too bad.  And yes it has the targa top (area over fronts seats) and the whole top can be removed.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Fess up - you bought this cause your sick of burying the 4 wheeler in the mud!  this ought to do the trick.  Nice rig for sure.  

lol - not sure Lee (reeltime) and I could pick this one up out of the muck if it got stuck.  Will keep the ATV for the swamp.

• Like 1

Awesome! You're gonna love it! My wife bought a Sahara Unlimited last summer and she had the top off more than it was on. The hard top is great for upstate winters and is even easier to remove/install than the soft tops, we've got it down to 7 minutes. Have fun and learn the proper "Jeep Wave" etiquette!

2bbe4c19fbe04cca3b29c86e28c20f5d.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Having sold my convertible several years back out of stupidity and later my motorcycle out of fear that a teen texting would leave my kids without their dad, I have been looking for an open air vehicle to use in the summer.  Got a sweet deal on this rubicon recon with only 1,300 miles.  Who knows, if I like it enough, the carpeted bed sissy truck may be sold.   Going to give it some time to decide whether I really need both.  Might be a toy or just a daily driver.   But liking it so far.  

066B1ECE-CCF3-46C4-9DC3-69803666646E.png

Ok , who ya trying to kid here. were not the misses,  you don’t have to do the whole well maybe I’ll sell my truck cause you know I don’t really need both. We’re all guys here and we all know one who dies with the most toys dies happy ^_^

God call  with the light bar, enjoy the new toy with the family.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keep the ford until hunting season. Only thing I don’t like about the Jeeps is lack of cargo space. If you can make it through a hunting season in the Jeep then I’d say sell the ford.

Other than that it’s a sweet ride with tons of fun to be had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Keep the ford until hunting season. Only thing I don’t like about the Jeeps is lack of cargo space. If you can make it through a hunting season in the Jeep then I’d say sell the ford.

Other than that it’s a sweet ride with tons of fun to be had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has such a big bed carrier in the truck you can barely toss in a couple cases of beer under the cover...lol. I think with his hitch hauler and trailer he'll be fine with the Jeep. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

don't give in to peer pressure carpet that thing too and keep them both. lol

No danger of it getting dirty. When I looked in it last night I saw a box of those surgical cloth over booties in the back seat. I think you must have to put those over your street shoes when you get into it for a ride. 

• Haha 1

Enjoy it. I had one in the 90s and early 2000s. Loved it and never got stuck in sand, mud or snow. Decided to give it up once we had the second kid and it has rusted so much your feet would get wet when it rained and you drove through puddles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

No danger of it getting dirty. When I looked in it last night I saw a box of those surgical cloth over booties in the back seat. I think you must have to put those over your street shoes when you get into it for a ride. 

Shoot, that's a good idea! But I may go with the whole hazmat suit requirement to really keep dirt out of the jeep!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I just laughed out loud. I had a chance to see Brian last night. (and the new Jeep). Very Very nice ride. When he started talking about needing a summer ride that he could take to top of of, I said sounds like you needed a Vette...lol

The vette was awesome, but it sat because I always seem to have more than 1 passenger (ie kids).  Hoping a 4 seat open air vehicle will be used more than 1-2000 miles a year like my vette was.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Shoot, that's a good idea! But I may go with the whole hazmat suit requirement to really keep dirt out of the jeep!

I just went over both our vehicles with one of those car “ dust brush “ things, do that most mornings . Washed both yesterday , and the Subaru being black ,I have to hit That with a detailing spray after the wash .

I find a lint roller works well inside after the vacuum too .

I like to de badge my vehicles, starting with dealer stickers ,license plate frame , then the make,and stupid eco boost letters they glue on, so that giant Rubicon name has to go .

I really like the bed carrier in the truck , I’d  like to get one for my Colorado .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

The vette was awesome, but it sat because I always seem to have more than 1 passenger (ie kids).  Hoping a 4 seat open air vehicle will be used more than 1-2000 miles a year like my vette was.

there's a solution to that.... lots of soccer moms here in the Capital Region driving around Porsche Panameras and even Macans with a back seat and just as much fun pedal. i mean not to be an enabler or anything. lol not sure the open air option applies though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I just went over both our vehicles with one of those car “ dust brush “ things, do that most mornings . Washed both yesterday , and the Subaru being black ,I have to hit That with a detailing spray after the wash .

I find a lint roller works well inside after the vacuum too .

I like to de badge my vehicles, starting with dealer stickers ,license plate frame , then the make,and stupid eco boost letters they glue on, so that giant Rubicon name has to go .

I really like the bed carrier in the truck , I’d  like to get one for my Colorado .

Since you are retired and bored, feel free to detail my vehicles too!