Tough Decision

Tughill Tamer

Making the tough decision to get my black lab put down today. She was diagnosed with a believed to be cancerous tumor about a month ago and she has gone down hill quick. She's 11 1/2 and we had her about 11 years. She won't eat anymore not even human food and has all she can do to stand up. One of the hardest parts of the whole ordeal is watching my youngest son struggle with the decision as he grew up with her. Back when we got her I really didn't even want a dog but was out voted 3 to 1 but since I'm the one that ended up taking her out the most I've become very close to her. Always hard losing a love one but I do believe we are making the right decision.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

It is definitely one of the hardest and painful decisions a person has to make. Try to get some comfort from the fact the right thing is being done for the sake of the dog. I am sure none of us would want to live like that and the dog more than likely doesn't either. Good Luck.

• Like 1

I feel your pain, as this is never easy. In your heart you know what is best for her. In the past I've grieved more over a lost pet, than I have for certain family members.

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Making the tough decision to get my black lab put down today. She was diagnosed with a believed to be cancerous tumor about a month ago and she has gone down hill quick. She's 11 1/2 and we had her about 11 years. She won't eat anymore not even human food and has all she can do to stand up. One of the hardest parts of the whole ordeal is watching my youngest son struggle with the decision as he grew up with her. Back when we got her I really didn't even want a dog but was out voted 3 to 1 but since I'm the one that ended up taking her out the most I've become very close to her. Always hard losing a love one but I do believe we are making the right decision.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear it, but know that you are doing the right thing for your beloved pet.  I cried like a big baby when I had to put down my last bullmastiff due to cancer. 

• Like 1

So sorry to hear this TT.  It's a gut-wrenching decision, but one ultimately grounded in love to end her suffering.  She'll be at peace soon, try to focus on that.  I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.  

• Like 1

So sorry.  When they get to the point where walking or eating or even going to the bathroom is a task, the hard choice must be made.  I have lost many animals over the years and was with every one till the end.  So sorry to hear, hope she goes easy.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Tughill Tamer but you made the right decision. Otherwise it would have been cruel and selfish to let her suffer. Take solace that you gave her a good life. I've been there quite a few times myself.

EntrancetoHeaven_grande.png.7e92a18cf3760ae22fcd86357e28e433.png