Truck Long Gun Storage

Anyone have something they use that keeps a long gun locked, out of sight and out of the way that doesn't require flipping up the bench seats?

Problem I can't pop the bench seat up in my Silverado Crew Cab, on account of the 2 car seats.  If I could I'd definitely get an under seat storage safe. 

Would love a safe that opens horizontally from underneath the bench, but the only thing I've seen is 1000$+. 

But I want to keep the Ruger in the truck. 

I keep far too much junk (tow cables, jumper cables, treestand bag, spare coat, 4 way lug wrench, spare gloves, tow hitch, etc.) in the truck under the seat. 

Good luck . I’ve spent considerable time researching that, I may go with the under seat safe, but they all require flipping up,seats, so a no go for you . Perhaps modify one, for side access ?

The only other ones I’ve seen mount it the bed, and that would also require a hard locking cover, to,keep,it out of view, and some protection ,  something I have , but would prefer gun inside .

49 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Was in same boat, carry a ruger  lc9s instead 

I carry a handgun everyday ,almost all day, but for reasons I won’t go into here,I’d really like a secure way to have either my short barreled Benelli, or AR securely stored in the truck .

Moogs system is really good ,I like it a lot, but I’d give up most of my bed .

13 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I carry a handgun everyday ,almost all day, but for reasons I won’t go into here,I’d really like a secure way to have either my short barreled Benelli, or AR securely stored in the truck .

Moogs system is really good ,I like it a lot, but I’d give up most of my bed .

You don’t give up the bed.  It still holds 2000lbs on the deck.  But you give up depth of bed.  

Sounds like I'll just wait 2 years until the little blonde monster is in a booster seat, and get an under seat bin.  Was looking at the overhead racks, but I don't think people on the state campus, particularly since I park next to the Homeland security guys, would appreciate that.

48 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Not a fan of side swinging trunk doors.

The tailgate opens both ways, stepping up into the bed or when using the trunk the swing out option works best for easy access, for regular truck bed duties like lumber, feed and hay bales I just use the pull down option.

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1