2012 Ford Raptor

The key with the Swap Sheet, was it hit the stands I believe Thursday morning , but was delivered late Wednesday , which is when one could bribe a kid at the store for one and be the first caller .

• Like 1

Me and a couple buddies used to call peoples ads in the swap sheet at like 3 in the morning . Guys giving away a half a sheet of simulated wood grain paneling just never understood our enthusiasm and need to call so early "before someone else scooped it up" 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Me and a couple buddies used to call peoples ads in the swap sheet at like 3 in the morning . Guys giving away a half a sheet of simulated wood grain paneling just never understood our enthusiasm and need to call so early "before someone else scooped it up" 

Man our kids will never have the joy of prank calling. Soundboards were great.  Caller ID was the beginning.... then cell phones ruined it. Now if I get a number that I dont recognize it goes to voicemail. 

Jeep mods complete.   Came with 2 1/2” suspension lift.   Added 35” Nitto ridge grapplers (surprisingly quiet new) and upgraded rear door hinges and spare carrier.  Also added steps for my vertically challenged friends/family.   Drives smooth and tracks great.   DONE!

B9C8EC58-3A86-4D18-B81B-8CDB57612AC9.jpeg

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Jeep mods complete.   Came with 2 1/2” suspension lift.   Added 35” Nitto ridge grapplers (surprisingly quiet new) and upgraded rear door hinges and spare carrier.  Also added steps for my vertically challenged friends/family.   Drives smooth and tracks great.   DONE!

B9C8EC58-3A86-4D18-B81B-8CDB57612AC9.jpeg

Looks very good. good thinking on the step bars , my 5’4” wife loves my newer truck with steps. Enjoy the new rig. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, moog5050 said:

SOLD PENDING FUNDS - and the mods for the jeep have already started.  Darn you Grampy for jinxing me - I was so determined to leave it as it. But........ 

Sorry brother, but Jeeps are made for adding cool aftermarket stuff!!

Looks awesome by the way.  And what's next to go on there???  C'mon.....there must be at least one more thing.....right?

24 minutes ago, grampy said:

Looks awesome by the way.  And what's next to go on there???  C'mon.....there must be at least one more thing.....right?

OK maybe a bolt hood lock .... ugggghhhhhh

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, grampy said:

Needs some type of carpet installed where there shouldnt be one....

• Haha 1

was the dark tint added to front seat windows, post inspection ? One guy at work got stopped 6 times on an area expressway, till all the area troopers, learned his car .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

Hey I’ve  used a guy in the worst part of NE Roch. for inspections , $70 many times . I’d say most of my car owning life I used those type of guys.

I just don’t like giving them extra reasons to stop me on sight , no dark tint, rear window stickers that obstruct view , lic. plate frames,covering part of plate ,things hanging from mirror, nothing .

I do have to pour my beer into a red cup when driving though ,so it’s a trade off .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What's the purpose of a 2.5" lift? Seems a bit of a waste for such a tiny amount

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Keeps everything driving as good as stock and allows for the 35” -37” tires.  IMO it’s perfect for a Jeep without being overdone, especially if you use it as a daily driver.   I have driven a few lifted higher that did not have good road manners. 

• Like 1

Keeps everything driving as good as stock and allows for the 35” -37” tires.  IMO it’s perfect for a Jeep without being overdone, especially if you use it as a daily driver.   I have driven a few lifted higher that did not have good road manners. 

Ah well then that makes more sense. If it's to keep the ride the same with the bigger tires that's a different story. Definitely learned something new today. What were the stock tires?

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ah well then that makes more sense. If it's to keep the ride the same with the bigger tires that's a different story. Definitely learned something new today. What were the stock tires?

255/75/17 or 32.6”.  Jeep was lifted when I bought it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Real high lifts are also a danger to your fellow motorists, so much of crash safety is dependent upon bumpers of somewhat equal height .

Which is why rear ends of tractor trailers ( which as you know are  higher then then the cars around them )  , by law, have the “ Mansfield “ safety bar . 

Over size tires also increase stopping distance by generally 20 to 25% as well as increased demands / wear on pads rotors , steering components and so on and so forth .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Real high lifts are also a danger to your fellow motorists, so much of crash safety is dependent upon bumpers of somewhat equal height .

Which is why rear ends of tractor trailers ( which as you know are  higher then then the cars around them )  , by law, have the “ Mansfield “ safety bar . 

Over size tires also increase stopping distance by generally 20 to 25% as well as increased demands / wear on pads rotors , steering components and so on and so forth .

Anything good about it ?