Saying thanks to all on Memorial Day

rob-c

We should all not forget that today is not Veterans Day, it is Memorial Day. It is not a celebration, but a day to acknowledge, remember and honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while performing their warrior tasks and drills in service to our great country. While sipping a beer, turning over ribs on the barbie, or enjoying the company of loved ones, we should all take a moment, just a moment, to remember those who did not get to come home to enjoy the great country we all now get to enjoy.

IMG_0153.jpg

Edited by CapDistPatriot
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

That was horrible. But you know what? People are so insulated from the reality of what servicemembers endure when we get sent over there, maybe it was a good thing...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

That was horrible. But you know what? People are so insulated from the reality of what servicemembers endure when we get sent over there, maybe it was a good thing...

I don't know how it can be a bad thing. The military treats vets with utter disdain in many cases. Big changes need to occur.

Edited by The_Field_Ager
  • Like 1

We spent the day at Gettysburg, very appropriate. I've never been a civil war buf or a history nut but I do find these places very interesting. I found a monument with mention of my mom's family name McGraw. I'll have to do some family research! 

IMG_20190527_172009279.jpg

IMG_20190527_190748125.jpg

IMG_20190527_190038716.jpg

IMG_20190527_164443520.jpg

IMG_20190527_171851365.jpg

• Like 1

i hated world history in school. thought it was mind-numbing. i'm also horrible at dates for some reason despite being an engineer. maybe history is just referenced enough in the day to day. US history though and way of life back then i couldn't get enough of. i'm not a civil war buff either but i'd like to go down to Gettysburgh to see it all.  i'm not a vet but a couple who are friends get annoyed when everyone thanks them for their service on Memorial Day. as if it's an obligation for that day to say so and they don't understand Memorial Day isn't about vets they meet in their day to day.