Nephew in the hospital due to tick bite.

mowin

For the past week or so, my nephew has been down and out.  First hospital, took his temp and said he had the flu.  Friday evening, he was worse. His wife took him to a different hospital.  Bunch of blood work and other tests, but results wouldn't be in until Tuesday. Last night he couldn't talk, or hardly stand.  Ambulance took him into hospital#3. 

They finally figured out he has encephalitis, a infection in the brain.  Doc's are extremely confident it was caused by a tick bite, and hopefully after a few days in the hospital, he'll be back to normal.  

Damm scary stuff.  

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Hope for a quick and full recovery.

I just got back from buying more Sawyers for the boots and gear, and more spray for the skin, they we’re out of tick keys , i and the girls have them ,just want extras for them .

You may want to look into purchasing "Rynoskin" to wear for decent protection from ticks. Pricey, but worth it. I was bitten last year from lyme tick. Anti-biotics took care of the situation, but I thought I'd better get the Rynoskin. I wear the garment whenever I go out to camp.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mowin said:

For the past week or so, my nephew has been down and out.  First hospital, took his temp and said he had the flu.  Friday evening, he was worse. His wife took him to a different hospital.  Bunch of blood work and other tests, but results wouldn't be in until Tuesday. Last night he couldn't talk, or hardly stand.  Ambulance took him into hospital#3. 

They finally figured out he has encephalitis, a infection in the brain.  Doc's are extremely confident it was caused by a tick bite, and hopefully after a few days in the hospital, he'll be back to normal.  

Damm scary stuff.  

Get some Stevia into him:

https://draxe.com/stevia-kills-lyme-disease/

1 hour ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I went through that too!!  Got bit by a Tick in June some years back doing yard work. Thought, I was going to die. Double vision Could not walk and the most horrible headache in the very back of my Brain. Hospital and Antibiotics. He will be ok .

Very similar symptoms he's having.  Can't believe how fast it went from not feeling well, to calling 911.  

Thanks everyone, for your kind words.  

My nephew got a tick bite 2 summers ago. Lyme got him good. He ended up with Bells Palsy for almost a month. Entire face was distorted. Had to turn his head sideways to drip water into his mouth. He truly looked like a monster. Full recovery thank God. Prayers to you

• Like 1