Gun Raffle has me PISSED

Team Hoyt

1. They let a guy go two weeks thinking he won . 

2. They tell him it was a mistake but , “ they’ll make it right .” Then don’t .

3. The seller who won wasn’t the seller he bought a ticket from ....

wow. First if the “ mistake “ was caught at the drawing perhaps it can be corrected then , two weeks later ,you eat the mistake and give him a gun . Certainly after telling him you’ll make it right, you do .

Next, the winning seller, wasn’t the seller he bought his ticket from ! They should give him a gun based on damage control alone ,as somethings wrong with this raffle .

Ive had luck recently with small claims court against my daughters landlord, basically he didn’t want to take time off work to go, and the risk of loosing as well  I believe so,he offered an out of court settlement. Just filing May prompt an offer .

Id file a complaint with the gaming commission as well , but I’m the type who’ll spend more then I would get, just to win and F with them .

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

1. They let a guy go two weeks thinking he won . 

2. They tell him it was a mistake but , “ they’ll make it right .” Then don’t .

3. The seller who won wasn’t the seller he bought a ticket from ....

wow. First if the “ mistake “ was caught at the drawing perhaps it can be corrected then , two weeks later ,you eat the mistake and give him a gun . Certainly after telling him you’ll make it right, you do .

Next, the winning seller, wasn’t the seller he bought his ticket from ! They should give him a gun based on damage control alone ,as somethings wrong with this raffle .

Ive had luck recently with small claims court against my daughters landlord, basically he didn’t want to take time off work to go, and the risk of loosing as well  I believe so,he offered an out of court settlement. Just filing May prompt an offer .

Id file a complaint with the gaming commission as well , but I’m the type who’ll spend more then I would get, just to win and F with them .

I'm with ya. I assume the  ticket seller "winner" was a member of the club. He should have said to give the OP the gun. Just for the damage control you mentioned. They are a not for profit and I am sure the raffle is probably a lions share of their capital. There were so many times this was handled incorrectly and so many times it could have been made right. This bad press will haunt them. 

Edit.... The right way to handle this in my book would have been to handle it so the OP never even knew there was an issue. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

What a crappy situation, especially to string you along like that with the expectation of actually winning the gun. I hope that someone in their club gets wind of this bad press they are generating. There are a lot of lurkers that visit this forum.

Doesn't sound like there is much integrity in that club's leadership. Sounds crooked, smells crooked, and looks crooked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Time to call in the mooginator! Dude needs the work so he can keep both his wife and himself happy keeping both his new Jeep and his sissy raptor. Get em Moog!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just agreed to buy my buddy's Volvo s60 for my son.  The sissy Raptor is definitely headed to a new happy owner.  lol

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Time to call in the mooginator! Dude needs the work so he can keep both his wife and himself happy keeping both his new Jeep and his sissy raptor. Get em Moog!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He’s busy this month. He’s handling the merge between my landscape company and Phade’s camera company. Soon you’ll be able to watch grass grow in slow motion from your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

He’s busy this month. He’s handling the merge between my landscape company and Phade’s camera company. Soon you’ll be able to watch grass grow in slow motion from your phone.

Still awaiting the retainer check!

Sorry - not making light of Team Hoyt's legitimate gripe.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Someone on youtube beat you to the punch on that one I'm afraid. 

• Like 3

It seems you will need some lighting to enhance the shot. Anyone know of a lighting ...hmmm...expert.

• Like 1

i do gun raffles with multiple not for profits and all of them are handled way better for organization and functionality.  I've had some very sticky situations too. one the person didn't pass the NICS check due to a technicality. another the person waited wayyyyy too long to pick up the gun. both situations i personally knew them. even if it was meant to be a draw for ticket sellers winning a constellation prize and not for those who bought the tickets, it was dealt with horribly. 

So now theres a new information I found out today after talking to the person I bought the ticket from. The actual "seller". The guy that received the gun decided to put his name on the ticket as the "seller" which clearly he wasn't. Definitely sounds like this POS club wanted certain people to win guns. Unreal. Help me out and get the word out that Randolph rod and gun club is a POS and dont bother supporting this organization. As I talked to the president he said that bad publicity will not affect his organization. GAME ON

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Team Hoyt said:

So now theres a new information I found out today after talking to the person I bought the ticket from. The actual "seller". The guy that received the gun decided to put his name on the ticket as the "seller" which clearly he wasn't. Definitely sounds like this POS club wanted certain people to win guns. Unreal. Help me out and get the word out that Randolph rod and gun club is a POS and dont bother supporting this organization. As I talked to the president he said that bad publicity will not affect his organization. GAME ON

See how a fraud charge affects them.  And a civil suit.  And notifying all local elected officials where this place is located.

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Team Hoyt said:

Sadly most clubs are that way like I said if you ain't one of the good old boys or family u are screwed over

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jdubs said:

See how a fraud charge affects them.  And a civil suit.  And notifying all local elected officials where this place is located.

49 minutes ago, RangerClay said:

Dude, go for it.  Get the press involved. 

I have no idea how much work, time and money this costs. Seems like probably a lot for the cost of a gun, but man the justice would be sweet. I hate the crony bullsh!t

• Like 2

I don't know.  Yeah, I'd be pissed about this, but I don't think it's worth the time, money and energy to take this any further.  The prize gun was a Ruger American which isn't a $5,000 gun.  Will cost you less to just go out and buy the gun yourself, then getting a lawyer involved here would.

23 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Copy of raffle ticket should show prize you won as raffle or seller raffle..  in order on ticket 1 xx

2 xxx 

3 xxx

If it was showing as general raffle prize 5 for example I'd be raising hell

This exactly ,if it was called out as a sellers raffle , the seller gets it.

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

I don't know.  Yeah, I'd be pissed about this, but I don't think it's worth the time, money and energy to take this any further.  The prize gun was a Ruger American which isn't a $5,000 gun.  Will cost you less to just go out and buy the gun yourself, then getting a lawyer involved here would.

He can represent himself in small claims court. I've done this and won

• Like 2