What I saw out in California a mess coming to town near you

On 6/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, Storm914 said:

Yea you just don't like me  is the problem 

Don't come at with the racist nonsense .

South Americans generally are  caucasian  just to let you know maybe you are  the racist .

you're right. anyone who judges another based on the color of their skin is a piece of shit in my book. 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

you're right. anyone who judges another based on the color of their skin is a piece of shit in my book. 

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean there not a different skin color then you or me in the first place so why are you even bringing  that up . Just more liberal brainwashing.  Cut the bs please. And it don't matter if they where green or any color  if there illegally there not supposed to be here . They are  breaking the law .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

As usual I can't even comprehend what you just wrote. So i'll bow out now. good day sir.

And I can't comprehend what you just wrote either,  I guess we are  talking over each other .

You bring up race when what I said had nothing to do with race  .I only mentioned illegals That's not a race . South American is not a race either btw .  

Have a nice day .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Storm914 said:

And I can't comprehend what you just wrote either,  I guess we are  talking over each other .

You bring up race when what I said had nothing to do with race  .I only mentioned illegals That's not a race . South American is not a race either btw .  

Have a nice day .

Constant claims of racism is a pathology among those who have chugged down the 'diversity is strength ' kool-aid. All they see (and look for) is anything they can twist to their warped mindset:

53145830_1010823419122406_9134042227541016576_n.jpg

Edited by The_Field_Ager
  • Like 3

Considering the fact that the vast majority of illegals crossing the southern border are non-whites, I wouldn't say observing a huge non-white, non-english speaking amount of people near the southern border and presuming them to be illegal, is racist.  I would call it presumptuous.  

Feeling they are a problem because of the color of their skin would be racist.  Feeling they are a problem because they are illegals who have entered our country without approval or background checks and may be criminals, parasites or pedophiles, is not.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Feeling they are a problem because they are illegals who have entered our country without approval or background checks and may be criminals, parasites or pedophiles, is not.

But this too is now racist. Any sentiment that implies we retain the demographic status quo, or stop the oppressed and huddled masses pouring in willy-nilly must be racist! Everything is racist today

Edited by The_Field_Ager
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Considering the fact that the vast majority of illegals crossing the southern border are non-whites, I wouldn't say observing a huge non-white, non-english speaking amount of people near the southern border and presuming them to be illegal, is racist.  I would call it presumptuous.  

Feeling they are a problem because of the color of their skin would be racist.  Feeling they are a problem because they are illegals who have entered our country without approval or background checks and may be criminals, parasites or pedophiles, is not.

generations of latinos have been legally living in socal for decades. The same amount of time that us irish, italians, polish have been legally living in NY. The guy literally comments about white homeless people as if they're no big deal, then complains about the latinos.

You can be anti-illegal immigration like myself and not be so quick to judge what you see with your eyes. If you don't see the issue there, you're part of the problem.

Edited by Belo

Belo it is not what I see with my eyes it is  what I hear with my ears  they can't speak or understand English only Spanish you are telling me there all legal .

And i mean it is a disproportionate segment of the population you see out there like that .   If they didn't open there months  I really couldn't tell you where they are from . A lot can  look European there race has nothing to do with it . It's the question of illegal immigration  .

If they all came  illegally from  Europe  in mass numbers it still would be a  problem.   

The main problem is these are poor folks coming here that need help more then the rest of us which means we have to pay more in tax to deal with it .They are bankrupting are safety net . It puts stress on schools on hospitals on all Social Services .

• Like 1

Folk like Belo are slaves to pathos (sentiment). They have no logos (rationality) in their lives. There is an incredible awakening happening in certain quarters as regards the realization that the modern culture is designed to crush logos and enforce pathos, in terms of how people see their world.

Go on to twitter or youtube and search for #LogosRising 

37 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Belo it is not what I see with my eyes it is  what I hear with my ears  they can't speak or understand English only Spanish you are telling me there all legal .

And i mean it is a disproportionate segment of the population you see out there like that .   If they didn't open there months  I really couldn't tell you where they are from . A lot can  look European there race has nothing to do with it . It's the question of illegal immigration  .

If they all came  illegally from  Europe  in mass numbers it still would be a  problem.   

The main problem is these are poor folks coming here that need help more then the rest of us which means we have to pay more in tax to deal with it .They are bankrupting are safety net . It puts stress on schools on hospitals on all Social Services .

We probably have 10-20% working for our company that can barely communicate in English and they are here legally. When in common conversation with others that can speak Spanish they speak Spanish. ANd this is on the East coast. You aren't going to find a person that is more anti illegal immigration than I am but I understand what Belo was saying.  It is presumptive (and stereotypical, now called racist) to assume they are illegals just becasue of their appearance or speech. Hell way back when I was young I knew families of friends of mine, the grandparents  spoke their language in their homes and the parents could converse with them. They spoke their native tongue when speaking with friends on the street.  The kids my age, I am sure understood the swear words but that was about it. 

• Like 2

Pew Research, which has tracked the undocumented population for several years, pegs the total number of undocumented immigrants at about 22.1 million nationwide in 2018.

In Southern California, about 3.4 million undocumented immigrants live between the southern Ventura County border and the U.S.-Mexico border — the biggest concentration of undocumented people in the country.

Considering the total population of that area, it's a pretty good bet many of the people you observe there are illegal.  It's not so much racial as it is statistical.

• Like 2

So I go out to California that advertises that they are sanctuary for illegals now and last time I was out  there waa about 25  years ago and at that time  did not notice anyone speaking Spanish ,  go back 25  years later there Spanish speakers everywhere all of the sudden I'm being some how bad because I have the intelligence to figure out a lot of those folks got here illegally  lol 

Come on now it is obvious .

They only late in so many people from each country every year Spanish speakers is only a small amount of legal immigrantion so how did they all get there ? Not hard to figure out . And it's not racist to talk about it either if you think that then you are more of the problem then the illegals are .that's why nothing gets done about it  pc culture,  it's a free for all here we just let everyone walk all over us no respect for are borders . Why do we even have a country then ?

Belo you say you are against illegal immigration then are quick to talk down at anyone who talks about what is going on .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

Having a mixed family (me being Italian and Swedish primarily) and my wife being Guatemalan (who clearly looks latina), I will simply offer my opinion.  There are legal avenues to enter the country and both my wife and her sister are US citizens - although her sister crossed illegally decades ago (but she still paid her taxes, worked and raised a family).  But, for most immigrants, the chances of getting in legally are next to nothing, especially those without a special skill, expertise or family already citizens of the US.   Nonetheless,  I believe we should control the flow of illegal immigrants as every country should have the right to control its borders and decide who can enter. 

That said, I really don't blame those trying to enter illegally.  I suspect there are very few of us that have spent time in the areas or types of areas from where these people come.  If you did, you would understand that unlike here in the US, there is literally 0 opportunity to create a better life for your family.  I see it with my wife's siblings.  They simply don't have a chance to change their impoverished lives as hard as they try.  If I were in that position and thought taking the risk of crossing that border might change my life and, more importantly, the life of my children, I would take the shot too.  So perhaps a little empathy/sympathy is appropriate for those that are seeking a better life - obviously there are bad apples in every bunch but painting all those entering illegally as gangbangers and drug dealers really isn't an objective viewpoint either.

Unfortunately, even the those that are simply trying to do better for their family must deal with the consequences of trying to cross illegally.   We should all be very grateful to live in this great country with more opportunity than anywhere else on earth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

And for what its worth, I do suspect there are many many illegals out west.  But speaking Spanish as a first language does not equate to being illegal.  We have a large population of 1st language Spanish speakers in Rochester.  Most are from Puerto Rico  and are already US citizens.  Pretty much every population of immigrants to the US came here with little or no English skills.  That changes within a generation.  My grandfather spoke Italian and his parents only spoke italian but no one else since his generation does.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

On 6/2/2019 at 8:30 AM, The_Field_Ager said:

I still have a few surviving friends who fought in Viet Nam. Their biggest fear in being pinned down for any length of time was disease, particularly bubonic plague. It was rampant in certain areas during the war. The war zone has changed, apparently.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 12:30 PM, Belo said:

My argument is not that there isn’t a big issue with illegal immigration, I’ve been pretty clear on that.

I think it’s pretty obvious what my issue is with his post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...he's not wrong, but you don't like that he said it? Interesting take.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 8:34 AM, Belo said:

It has nothing to do with the color of someone's skin. It has to do with a willingness to become an American citizen; including speaking, reading and writing the English language; and accepting the Constitution as the rule of law.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belo said:

generations of latinos have been legally living in socal for decades. The same amount of time that us irish, italians, polish have been legally living in NY. The guy literally comments about white homeless people as if they're no big deal, then complains about the latinos.

You can be anti-illegal immigration like myself and not be so quick to judge what you see with your eyes. If you don't see the issue there, you're part of the problem.

President Trump has allowed more legal immigration into this country in the last year than most any other President. He welcomes people with a solid skill set and work ethic.

Immigrants are, by definition, legal. Illegal aliens are , by definition, illegal. Why is this so hard for Liberals?

• Like 2

Your idea is like  if I have a lifeboat that holds 50 people I should try and  put in 100  and make it so everyone dies when the boat sinks  ? You can't help everyone it's like  trying to  feed all the animals in a Forrest .

That's why we only let in so many a year all countrys do it that way  

We already let in way more then the next 2 or 3 countrys combined.   You really want to help them then  What we should be doing is promoting are system of doing things to those countries so they can build there own lifeboats and save themselves. Instead we are letting ideas that  turned there county's into a mess become the norm in this country like more then  half the stuff that joker Bernie Sanders and AOC  talks about is  what made south America the mess it is now.  

Yea but I bet  those here who say it's not a big deal for them to come here illegally would have a big problem if  they decide to trespass on there land to go hunting . 

It's no big deal until it effects your land personally  .

Bet you would feel differently if they set up tents in your backyard or decided to help themselves to the food in your fridge. 

You don't see it but that's exactly what illagle immigration is its theft its trespassing its both.  

Edited by Storm914

Btw illegals there not coming here because they have any love for this country if they did they would respect are laws and try and come legally or its values or people they come here because they think there going to get rich !!!  Greed !!  

It's like a  gold rush to them guy makes  1 dollar a day in south America  finds out he can make $100 a day   for same work or sit on his ass and collect welfare and still make out more then if he worked in south America and you have them all running for the border.  

Edited by Storm914

Who here thinks it ok to go hunting on private property with out asking for permission. 

Well if you don't think that is right then don't tell me it's ok  no big deal for all of south America to flood the border illegally.  

We can't even get some politicians to say that much .