Whats Your favorite knife that you own

Hunter007

Funny part is my favorites are not in this pic.

One was my Dads folder, another was a fixed blade carried in WWII , including the Battle Of The Bulge , imageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d9771and my Shrade lb7 , which dressed my first buck, rode with me down many rivers including the Yukon River and many other adventures.

oh and that’s not a butter knife ....

6BE2845A-74DD-435E-9D9B-12FEE855A91E.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 5

It can be hard to pick a favorite knife.  Some I really like, but I rarely if ever use.  Don't mean to derail this thread, but what I think would make an even more interesting thread would be if people posted pics of their entire hunting/outdoor knife collections similar to what Stay at Home posted above.  I like knives and I think it would be pretty cool to see what people have.  And it don't matter if some might have only a knife or two.  That could be considered their collection.

Hes a master at it

Thank you!
Come on Sweet Old Bill- just some light humor. Stormy knows I meant no offense.
I’m not much of a gear guy (knives, guns or bows) but this is in my pocket most of the time hence its my favorite cause it comes in so handy.
27c7010cd8cf38ae6cd814d3ab2bfc05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Thank you!
I’m not much of a gear guy (knives, guns or bows) but this is in my pocket most of the time hence its my favorite cause it comes in so handy.

I think I have that same knife or one just like it . You or correct I didn't take offense by  that .

• Like 1

The Henckels on top was my primary for over 35 years. For about the last six years, I'll carry either the Grohmann #1 or the #2. But, the Henckels has earned a permanent place in my day pack, so I guess it's still my favorite.

BTW, those Grohmanns are nimble, ergonomic little beauties.89248823_20180924_092516(1).thumb.jpg.a047d785fce212e2e0c3a019cfb11d9a.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Thank you!

Master baiter! get it?

My favorite knife is in this. It was my Dad's. And it's cleaned more trout than are in the beaverkill.  

Last time I wore it in the field was deer hunting in the dacks. I got back to the truck and the knife was gone. It fell out of the sheath and I had been still hunting in the snow.  Figured it was gone forever. I start retracing my steps and I found it sticking straight up out of the snow with the point in the ground.  Haven't taken it out since. Just keep it in my hunt and fish room. 

• Like 4

I've carried a Buck 105 Pathfinder for decades to open all my deer with.  I use a Buck 110 folder for the delicate inside work.  They just fell into those roles.  I have a few Puma knives, folders and fixed, that I think are real nice.  I have a few uncommon blades that I've come to admire, like a fixed blade Jaguar and an Uncle Henry folder.  Can't say I have a favorite that I use.  I have a few pretty ones that hang on the gun rack I like a lot, but they're not for hunting with, just for looking at.  

• Like 1

I’ve carried a knife since probably 12 years old. Every back right pocket of jeans , shorts and pants eventually gets a hole from carrying it.  Love this one though. Very handy. I’ve forgotten about it and flown , been through smithsonians , Arlington security. Recently went to PA for non resident pistol permit. Once again forgot it. Guy noticed and just held my keys. It really does look a key 

6FE34C92-BC0B-4FB6-8386-42127559A19C.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve carried a knife since probably 12 years old. Every back right pocket of jeans , shorts and pants eventually gets a hole from carrying it.  Love this one though. Very handy. I’ve forgotten about it and flown , been through smithsonians , Arlington security. Recently went to PA for non resident pistol permit. Once again forgot it. Guy noticed and just held my keys. It really does look a key 

6FE34C92-BC0B-4FB6-8386-42127559A19C.jpeg

I got one like this from swizz army  alway on me always take it off at security checks though . Have not forgotten yet anyway..

There great especially when you are hunting or fishing and forget your hunting knife which has happened to me a few times .