Special Forces can't find enough people qualified to serve

Hunter007

I'll make a very sweeping and general statement here: kids today are lazy. My father asked his grandson recently to help move a small brush pile. The kid wouldn't do it. He felt it was somehow beneath his station in life, or something.

My brothers and I all pitched in and got the work done quickly, just like we used to do on my grandfather's farm. It's an attitude problem. We came back to the house after moving the brush, and  this little prick of a nephew stood there smirking and asked me if I had fun. If looks could kill that little prick would have been dead. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In the case of this particular nephew, he has a very wealthy grandfather from the other side of the family who treats him like royalty. The snot-nosed kid loves it and gets to jet all around the world on his Grandpa's dime any time he has a spare weekend. I suppose if I didn't have to bale hay all day at the age of 10 YO, I could have grown up like that too. What my farmer grandfather gave me was the ability to speak Italian and the know-how to operate and maintain tractors and farm machinery.

• Like 4

Im not suprised they cant find anyone.  I dont think military stuff is talked about in schools much anymore.  My daughters said none of their teachers even brought up anything about memorial day.  I do no for sure they do atleast celebrate veterans day.

Philoshop sounds like your nephew is like mine.  He did that once to my father when he was asked him to go rake.  (Nephew doesnt get spoiled from anyone) Before he got the o in no out of his mouth his dad,my brother and myself had him outside standing over him while he raked every last leaf off that lawn.  

• Haha 1

Sitting around playing video games and eating processed food is what makes today's kids fat.  Not developing any useful skill sets using tools, playing outdoors, building things and exploring the natural world, is what makes them lousy soldiers.  Don't even get me started on the lack of discipline.

I went to Parochial Elementary and HS and we never had the Military Day or Career Day or Shop class for that matter ! Private school / Parochial school shields a kid from the reality of life outside and hurts the kids in the long run . I think they should bring the Military in at the beginning of every school year and let the kids at least see and talk to the Recruiters !

Kid I know has been trying to get into the navy for 5 years now. Keeps on getting turned down because he was on some meds until his late teens. Wants to serve and become a navy seal. He is in great shape and able. Too bad for him. 

Its technology that will be the end of us kids today are totally surrounded with it , it's in your pocket all the time now the smartphone does everything you could ever imagine to entertain you . You can never be bored. 

Look even us we all are using it even when we hunt most of us now . 

Why would a kid go play a sport in a park with friends when he now can play sports on his phone with his friends., And not even move  it's like a drug. 

The whole dam planet is addicted to it now and I don't see how it will ever go back .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, silent death said:

Certain kids today are bein raised to be soft everything hurts . We live in a world where kids are confused what gender they are and the school systems just promote more confusion it truly is a sad time my friends

I believe it's a leftist progressive Marxist plan to ruin everything that has made America a great nation.  When the government education system is doing it, you know the wrong people are in control.

1 hour ago, silent death said:

Certain kids today are bein raised to be soft everything hurts . We live in a world where kids are confused what gender they are and the school systems just promote more confusion it truly is a sad time my friends

The easiest way to explain it is , turning wolves into dogs. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The majority of America’s youth are unfit for military service.  Base on the requirements to be in Special Operations, that narrows the availability considerably. 

https://usacac.army.mil/cac2/retention/mosbook.pdf

DA Pam 611-21, Table 10 states “1. Frequently visually identifies vehicles, equipment and individuals at a long distance. 2. Occasionally raises and carries 160 pounds person on back. 3. Frequently performs all other tasks while carrying 65 pounds evenly distributed over entire body. 4. Frequently digs, lifts and shovels 21 pounds scoops of dirt in bent, stooped or kneeling position. 5. Frequently gives and receives oral commands in outdoor area from distance of 50 meters. 6. Frequently walks, crawls, runs, and climbs over varying terrain for a distance of up to 25 miles. 7. Frequently runs for short distances. 8. Frequently walks at a brisk pace 4 out of 6 hours while carrying 26 pounds. 9. Frequently throws 1 pound object up to 40 meters.”

Green Berets are both expert infantrymen and experts in an occupational specialty like medical, communications, engineering, etc.  They are without a doubt twice the soldier.  Not too many are able to be that high speed.

Every day I witness teenagers and young adults walking blindly with their head stuck in a cell phone.  The walk in front of you if your walking, pushing a shopping cart and even while you operate a motor vehicle.  If they are oblivious to shopping carts and motor vehicles, they sure are going to miss those trip wires!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn’t each generation want to make it better for the next. Now BETTER is the term that need to be redefined- is it just better to make it easier, less painful, less struggle for what they have? Wouldn’t we all have just had what we wanted when we were young and unaware of the intrinsic value of earning what we get. We have gone too far in making things better and wrongly defined what better is. Bigger question is how do we stop it? Or even if I just wanted to stop it for mine, how do I do that when the whole world is moving at a new pace- isn’t that then unfair for mine? Sux...sometimes I feel we just need to hit a reset button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1