How many days did you hunt....

mowin

Twelve....9 in NY and 3 in Ontario....Had a super season....One of my best as far as birds killed per day hunted  since I started chasing gobblers in 1973...Every now and then, even an old blind hog finds an acorn...

• Like 2

5.......least ever with nothing killed.  4 years ago I hunted three and killed two adults.  This year my heart and body weren’t in it.  A fall from a ladder a week before Opening Day put a hurting on me then just s few days into the season I think I cracked or bruised a rib and that heart like a mofo on the last day I hunted.  That told me I was done.....it hurt pretty bad but only when I breathed. :(

Next year will be different I hope. 

• Sad 1

I hunted only 6 days this year.  Normally I would hunt as many as 16 if I was struggling to get a bird.  I only hunt my own land during spring season.  The rain kept me out of my woods most days and the lack of gobbling was demotivating.  I didn't get a bird this year.  I never even saw a Tom, just a few hens.

The 31st was foggy and cold and the leaves were completely out, so I decided why bother.  As I had my morning coffee on the deck at dawn, I kept hearing a Tom within 200 yards.  He gobbled at least 20 times from the roost to the ground and I listened to him walk away and up the mountain.

Don't know where he came from, because he wasn't there all season.  I never thought about going after him.  I let him go to help repopulate my woods for next season.

• Like 1

5 days in April including youth hunt in pa and rushed back to NY to take a kid out on the Sunday youth hunt.
Back to pa for the opener on the last sat of April and then the 29th and 30th. Then back to ny to work till 10 PM then down to camp in Dundee for the opener. Once may hit it was 31 straight days.
So I reckon 35 days hunting, called in and watched 11 gobblers taken including 4 of my own. Was a tough season but scouting and persistence paid off.
Scouting started in March sporadically but come April 1st it was every day at daylight somewhere till the seasons started.

Only 10 months till start time again.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Only 6 or 7.  One of those days was calling for my buddy.  I heard birds 3 times and called them in each time.  Would've liked to get out more, but I let work get in the way.  Guess I'm growing up.  The rainy weather also played a factor. 

Really wishing I could join the Live from the Water thread, but it's work 6 days a week for now.  The 7th day I take care of things around our house.  Need to get my garden planted, do equipment maintenance, maybe mow the lawn and get ready for another week.

I hunted 4 days. Missed on opening day. Then took a 3-4 yr old on the 3rd. 

Took my grandnephew out twice. First time he got a jake, the second time he passed a iffy shot at another jake. 

Wish I had more time, but May is stupid busy for a landscaper. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

I managed to get out I believe a total of 9 days. About half of my normal time the last few years. I called in a nice bird for s first time turkey hunter on 5/1, rolled 1 on 5/2, and killed 1 on 5/15. So all in all it was a good season but the weather screwed up a couple of weekends and family obligations took the rest.

Now I get to watch this hen hatch her eggs for the next few weeks. Life is good!

• Like 3