Preseason Trail Cam Pics

bigpaul

27 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Future potential...

IMG_0904.thumb.JPG.8fe3f292396bffbc62fe031a0907a724.JPG

Odd question on average how many 8pts do you see during a deer season while on stand?  From all your pictures seems like theres a healthy herd in your area.  Keep pictures coming love seeing those bigger ones you post.

44 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Odd question on average how many 8pts do you see during a deer season while on stand?  From all your pictures seems like theres a healthy herd in your area.  Keep pictures coming love seeing those bigger ones you post.

Definitely not as many as I do glassing in velvet. This particular spot in 8P is awesome...its common to see 25-30 bucks at one time in this 40 acre alfalfa field during late summer. I was kind of disappointed tonight that the count was ONLY 20 bucks...lol. No lie, there are at least 20 different bucks that Ive glassed or have on cam that are as big or bigger than the ones in the pics (mostly 2&3 yr olds). Oddly, theres always way more bucks than does out here. Alot of them will scatter in mid-late September. 

Unfortunately, this spot will be rotated to corn next year and with it will go all the velvet scouting...

• Like 4

Need to move my cameras, particularly the one.  Goldenrod have gotten too high to catch anything more than 10 feet out.  Usually throw 'em on apple trees this time of year.

That rotten bird in picture 1, wily bugger.  Way too smart for being relatively young.  Date on that should be 5/29 or so.

Gobbler.JPG

June 23 2 bucks velvet.JPG

May Closeup.JPG

• Like 2