First bear sighting of the year

Bionic

10 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

I had a bear on 2 differnt cameras last year never saw it.... I have found tracks in the woods but have yet to see a bear in all the years I have been hunting...

I am with you in that boat.  I have had bear on cameras most years honestly.  It seems as though only June/July-ish I get them on cam, and see them at home....same with fishers, hundreds of hours each deer season, never see either.  Its ok though, one of these years will be my day.  

I did however see a few cubs walking on a deadfall tree in Westbrookville by the basherkill on a hunting club property on the backside of the prisons once, very cool

Bears are very much trail creatures. I have 4 stand you will see bear out of fairly consistently.  But 50 yards away you wont see them at all. 30 stands have 0 sightings of bears while these 4 have dozens ..  the funny thing is 6 people in camp all have taken a bear (not all on property) the other 4 havent most havent  even seen one while hunting either!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CapDistPatriot said:

That certainly is a Big Bear... Wait until he fattens up for winter!

I hadn’t thought of that.  Forestburgh had the heaviest beer harvest a couple years ago I believe, 540 i think, in that range if I remember correctly.  Seems to always show up in the top 10.  Lots of vast tracts of pine here

26 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I hadn’t thought of that.  Forestburgh had the heaviest beer harvest a couple years ago I believe, 540 i think, in that range if I remember correctly.  Seems to always show up in the top 10.  Lots of vast tracts of pine here

WNY has the heaviest beer harvest every year, without exception. I myself dont want to even think about how many Ive "harvested"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

WNY has the heaviest beer harvest every year, without exception. I myself dont want to even think about how many Ive "harvested"

Lmao i didnt see the beEr hahaha....so im like wait I know for sure I saw heaviest bead here one year, so i went to find it, and as I hit qoute i saw beer :rofl:   You crack me up lol  annnnnnnd NOW after hitting post I see I said bEEr first jesusssss.  Long few weeks lmao

F746AB1D-451E-486B-8539-5FBDCE9DD7ED.png

Edited by Bionic