Browning

Dom

Depends what model you speak of..

I won 2 browning Abolt III guns.. 270 & 6.5cm.  For winning them Im happy No doubt. Not sure id spend my own money on one for that price tag after owning them. Not bad but, they do feel slightly cheap IMO as well. But im really not complaining. Since I did not pay much to own them.  

I have a blr in 30.06, my friend has one in .308. Both are great accurate guns. I personally dont use a or care for a semi auto. ( o-rings and gaskets dry out may take decades but why depend on rubber ) But everything I've seen is of quality.  Including their bolt rifles. My brother has one in .308 as well.

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

i have a Browning Abolt II stainless stalker in 30-06. it's finicky with ammo when it comes to accuracy but will cloverleaf shots at 100 yards with some factory stuff. seems not heavy but well built. haven't had any problems with it at all. taken deer from bow range out to just over 400 yards with it. piles of them at around 200 yards.

I own a couple of Brownings, and have owned a couple of others in the past...They have all been high quality, dependable firearms, but the newest one I have was made in around 1980...I am hoping the quality is still there, but I can't  say that it is from experience...

A couple of Browning rifles and one side by side double shotgun have passed through my hands over the years, the rifles were a BL22 lever action and a BAR 270 autoloader.

All were of very high quality with build and fit and finish about as good as it gets for an off the shelf factory arm. The 270 was made in Belgium and assembled in Portugal, that fact was actually printed on the barrel I believe. The accuracy and reliability was outstanding, in fact I was surprised that it was so accurate being an autoloader but I found out from other owners that the good accuracy is pretty much the norm with those Belgium BARs. The one thing I did not care for was it's weight which was close to 8lbs with no scope and that is the main reason it and me parted company.

All the Browning arms I owned were of late 1970s vintage, I am not personally familiar with today's current manufacturing  but I would expect being a Browning that the quality is there.

Al

Edited by airedale

Not a .308, but I have a .243 A-bolt II and a .30-06 A-bolt II Stainless Stalker. Both guns are under an inch with several different loads. Have had the .243 for 17 years and the .30-06 for 15. Probably shot 25-30 deer with them, and a pile of woodchucks with the .243. 

If I was considering another bolt rifle, I don't think I'd look any further.

Will

I have two browning x-bolt stainless stalkers. One in 30-06 and one in 7mm-08. I can usually shoot MOA if I hold up my end of the equation. I will say that my 7mm-08 is more picky with ammo. It refuses to shoot Hornaday SSTs in groups smaller than 2 inches whereas the 30-06 will shoot anything from core lokts to Noslet BT in ~1 inch groups. Love the detachable mags, tang safety, and bolt release button for safe unloading.