Best and worst pickups

Hunter007

The worst pickup I remember was Mary Ellen Rottencrotch....I well remember that night....

We sat down behind Phallus McDork's hog barn, smoking cornsilk and picking ticks off each other.. It was pretty  romantic..

The next morning she let me help with her daily hygiene...I brushed her tooth....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

54 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I thought you had me on ignore? :airkiss::giverose: 

I knew which way this would go, with Pygmy replying ,so I unlocked this thread . Was not disappointed, total derail .

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I knew which way this would go, with Pygmy replying ,so I unlocked this thread . Was not disappointed, total derail .

Come on  now am  I really so bad   that you got to put the  ignore  button on.  I didn't even say anything derogatory about you . 

Just saying do what you want .

4 hours ago, Pygmy said:

The worst pickup I remember was Mary Ellen Rottencrotch....I well remember that night....

We sat down behind Phallus McDork's hog barn, smoking cornsilk and picking ticks off each other.. It was pretty  romantic..

The next morning she let me help with her daily hygiene...I brushed her tooth....

I told my  friends that everyone hates me on here . They  said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me  yet.  :)

Good night now :)

Edited by Storm914

My 07 f150 has the 5.4 and when I did the plugs I only had one seize in the head , but I had the tool to remove. That truck has 150,000 trouble free miles on it, I only have had the CEL on one time and that’s when the fuel pump control module corroded up on it. 

If anything is taken away from that article, it’s that ALL and I mean ALL auto manufacturers make lemons.. 

Interesting, if you're looking for a used truck! Very specific review about good/bad per mfger, model & year. This is one review, pretty sure there are many more out there that might contradict this one's findings!??! Not to mention a lot of truck owners are brand/mfger loyal.Another unknown is for used trucks the previous owner may not be "forthcoming" with a buyer.Most of the reasons people are selling vehicles are not ideal &/or readily divulged to a buyer.

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

If anything is taken away from that article, it’s that ALL and I mean ALL auto manufacturers make lemons.. 

Yeah, you can have two sequential vehicles assembled and one might be a lemon, while other is okay! I read an article years ago alleging this occurs depending on the time of day at the assembly plant, whether entirely robotic or strictly manual assembly. Then you factor in all the vehicle's sub-assemblies made all over the world.

• Like 1

I had two Nissan light duty p/u....first trucks I ever had, (96 abd 97 if I remember right). I put over 200,000 miles on each one with only normal maintenance, and the bodies were both intact with no rust through. Boy I loved those, but needed to up my towing capacity and get AWD or 4wd. 

I recently bought a 2011 F150 which so far I love....I am a cheap skate when it comes to my trucks, and fully expect to meet my expectations it should make 200 g also...(it has 90g now). It is a back up vehicle avg. about 10 g a year, so we shall see....

11 hours ago, Pygmy said:

SOOO...Was it because she was SO disappointed with you ??…<<wink>>...

na..... it wasn't him. word on the street is it was all her. she she was known to blow a tranny. kpkot probably figured that wasn't something easily repaired.

• Like 1

I've had two Chevy's (one Blazer and a 1/2 ton P/U), a GMC Jimmy, Ford F-150, Ford Bronco, Dodge Ramcharger, Dodge 1/2 ton P/U, and am on my second Tundra.

Best -Tundra. The last one I drove for 7 years and had no repairs except for batteries, brakes, tires. And I don't really consider those repairs, just maintenance. Only got rid of it as rodents chewed up my wiring harness. Kept it for a year after that and then the repaired harness started giving me random electrical problems. It was 4 years old when I bought it. Still got over $10k on my trade.

Worst - Dodge 1/2 ton P/U. Kept that for 10 years and spent as much on repairs over the time period as I did to buy the dang thing. Had the 7/70,000 warranty and the transmission gave out at 71k. IIRC it was 70,700 on the odometer. Dealer/factory wouldn't do a thing to help me out. Had a $3k repair bill on a 4 year old truck - was not a happy Dodge owner and because of that experience will never be a Dodge owner again. Dealer actually ridiculed me for asking for some help with the situation. I remember him laughing and saying "what do you think the 70 in 7/70 means"? 1-2 grand in repairs every year after that, and rust holes at the 5 year old mark despite lots of washing and waxing.

The Fords were problem free, but severe corrosion was my enemy for those.

Chevy truck threw a rod at 90k miles. Blazer was burning a lot of oil at less than 100k miles.

• Like 1