Getting back into cars

WNYBuckHunter

Getting a roof rack for deer transport? 
Sweet freaking car! 
My dad has a 2000s mustang gt soft top with every option available. It still looks great despite the ridiculous hitch he added to make it his daily driver for the Florida snowbird home. I almost puked when he did it. This car would be much worse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Beautiful ride sir, absolutely stunning! May i ask why you went with an auto? Something like that Id love to grind gears! lol 

The autos are faster and can handle more horespower when I do decide to start modding it. Guys are running 900+hp to the wheels with stock transmissions.

• Like 2

Congrats on the car! It is sweet! I see the banners hanging behind it. Is that DeNooyer Chevrolet in Albany? I live about 2 miles from the dealership. I'd be happy to pick it up and drive it out to you. Let me know....:asciidity:

• Like 1

Just now, MPHunter said:

Congrats on the car! It is sweet! I see the banners hanging behind it. Is that DeNooyer Chevrolet in Albany? I live about 2 miles from the dealership. I'd be happy to pick it up and drive it out to you. Let me know....:asciidity:

Thanks, yep, thats where she is. They are delivering it to me lol.

2 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Beautiful ride sir, absolutely stunning! May i ask why you went with an auto? Something like that Id love to grind gears! lol 

1st to third and third to 5th like ? HS gf had a 5.0 liter mustang she made me drive all the time. I loved both of them lol. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

There are other rules too. You have to run a driveshaft loop with drag radials if you run under an 11.4, gotta have a helmet, have to have metal screw in valve stems, 5 point cage once you get below 10.99, safety clothes (fire proof), transmission shield or blanket, aftermarket axles that dont use C clips, and a few other things. Mind you, these are things you have to adhere to if you are running a sanctioned NHRA event. Bracket racing and test and tune nights usually dont make you adhere to all of that. Lots of guys running these cars into the 9s with no cage.

That's all I ever do is bracket race. There are still rules....Helmet, Jacket etc....I don't get to do it very often now that my daughter is older and I am always going to soccer, track or whatever other function with her. But bracket racing is a ton of fun but you have to do it often to get good at it. I won one event several years ago and felt like I had it figured out. Wrong, closest I have been since is semi-finals. I only got to go once last year and didn't make it past 1st round. I blame it on the fact that I am driving a stick....lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The autos are faster and can handle more horespower when I do decide to start modding it. Guys are running 900+hp to the wheels with stock transmissions.

I knew there was a legitimate reason for it! lol. Just had to ask. I just want to own any v8 right now with a stick. Trying to talk the wife into some muscle cause we both drive standard.  She said bike, i said no... american muscle may be on its way! lol sweet ride man. Im a mopar or no car kind of guy too.. 

• Like 1

almost all modern autos are now faster than the best stick driver and include really good launch control etc. That being said, i understand the fun of a stick, but us under 40 crowd will be its death. If I ever feel like really "driving" i take my r6 out and shift away lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

almost all modern autos are now faster than the best stick driver and include really good launch control etc. That being said, i understand the fun of a stick, but us under 40 crowd will be its death. If I ever feel like really "driving" i take my r6 out and shift away lol.

Oh yeah, I love driving a stick as well. If I was just using it as a street cruiser, Id have bought a stick car, but I want to do a bit of racing with it.

32 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I knew there was a legitimate reason for it! lol. Just had to ask. I just want to own any v8 right now with a stick. Trying to talk the wife into some muscle cause we both drive standard.  She said bike, i said no... american muscle may be on its way! lol sweet ride man. Im a mopar or no car kind of guy too.. 

For trucks or going fast, Im all Mopar, but I do like my Subaru for daily driving. Pretty comfortable, great gas mileage and its AWD, so perfect for winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Oh yeah, I love driving a stick as well. If I was just using it as a street cruiser, Id have bought a stick car, but I want to do a bit of racing with it.

even a street cruiser though. It's annoying to shift when you get stuck in traffic somewhere. plus when you have a beer in one hand and a cell phone in the other... how are you supposed to shift?

Edited by Belo
  • Haha 1

I’m like Jeremy I guess. I never got out of cars, just stop buying them. I get tempted once in a while. My dad had been looking for years and finally pulled the trigger on a 71 Mach 1 a few years ago.

Congrats on the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

900 to the wheels on slicks or radials ? 

I've never been able to afford a toy to play with, perhaps some day. I'd love to get my hands on a retro-mod classic muscle car. Still has the styling of classic muscle including the deep exhaust note but all the modern day comforts in suspension steering and air conditioning LOL. It don't need to be modern car fast as it would be for cruising and making a bit of noise. 

• Like 1

I had '79 Monte Carlo we dropped a 396 big block outa of a vett in. Had a ridiculous cam, straight dual pipes. You'd get a hard on just sitting in it listening to it run lol. 

Got to a point where you were always fixing or upgrading, my buddy was the mechanic I was less inclined and always liked the driving it more than the working on it.

I still love an old late 60's Camaro or an old Chevy pickup but my disposal income has better uses presently.

That is one sick car WNY!! I'd get a boatload of tickets with that ride!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Thanks, yep, thats where she is. They are delivering it to me lol.

Good thing Mr. Edwards didn't pay me off to run over during lunch to slap a Habs sticker on the bumper. Being in the Sabers camp I couldn't bring myself to do it anyway. I guess you're safe.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

900 to the wheels on slicks or radials ? 

What tires you run doesnt affect how much power you put down, it only affects how well you can use it. A factory Hellcat with the A8 puts down roughly 620 to the wheels, and without drag radials, you can break the tires loose at just about any speed. Ive done it at 60mph in them on regular tires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

Good thing Mr. Edwards didn't pay me off to run over during lunch to slap a Habs sticker on the bumper. Being in the Sabers camp I couldn't bring myself to do it anyway. I guess you're safe.

Talk about ruining a perfectly good car!

• Haha 1