Getting back into cars

WNYBuckHunter

Gotta love the old muscle too.  First pic is my 67 Camaro SS RS.  Second is my 1970 Nova SS396 L78 coming home, first time it had seen the light of day in 20yrs.  After 3 months of redoing nearly everything mechanical, it is finally back on the road.  If the rice rocket next to me doesn't understand the sound of the solid lifters rattling away at the stoplight, he has no idea of the beast under the hood that is about to be unleashed

camaro.jpg

nova.jpg

Edited by gastrodoc
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, gastrodoc said:

Gotta love the old muscle too.  First pic is my 67 Camaro SS RS.  Second is my 1970 Nova SS396 L78 coming home, first time it had seen the light of day in 20yrs.  After 3 months of redoing nearly everything mechanical, it is finally back on the road.  If the rice rocket next to me doesn't understand the sound of the solid lifters rattling away at the stoplight, he has no idea of the beast under the hood that is about to be unleashed

camaro.jpg

nova.jpg

I'm a huge nova guy ,that 375 horse nova would have to bring everything it has to the table just to stay in front of my little 2.0 liter focus . Maybe someday I'll get me another nova and do an LS swap.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 10:28 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

Yeah, Demons are big money. You can get close to the same performance with a Redeye and a few mods for close to the original MSRP of a Demon.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, First-light said:

That car is awesome good luck with it. I had a 71 and 72 Challenger during my teen years. Loved them cars!

Thanks! I love the car, its a blast to drive and scares the crap out of me all the time. I dont think it will ever get old lol. I would love to scoop up a 70 or 71 Challenger project car at some point. Dodge has always been on point with the Challengers.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, gastrodoc said:

nova.jpg

I'll still race you

IMG_7571.thumb.JPG.e3a9efd724eece5334e923284b4f2d91.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

A lot of guys put blue painters tape on that area before they go to the track. I’ll probably do that next time. 

That's what I do.....That rubber sucks to get off......you will notice you have black flecks everywhere on the car...not just behind the tires....

Mothers makes a rubber remover...

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-09224-Racing-Rubber-Remover/dp/B005R5WGCS/ref=asc_df_B005R5WGCS/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584207577280206&psc=1

It works fairly well.....so does WD40

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Belo said:

i used to think that, but my bike is basically a motor with wheels. yes some hellcat and muscle cars can compete, but they're still pulling heavy frames. this is a 440lb wet rocket lol.

How far do you plan on racing for? Both machines run 11ish second quarter mile times out of the box ,to me that's a good race ,not sure what the weight has to do with it.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

I just use Turtle Wax bug & tar remover, works great, just a pain.

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

How far do you plan on racing for? Both machines run 11ish second quarter mile times out of the box ,to me that's a good race ,not sure what the weight has to do with it.

My car should be in the 10.8 range with the right conditions seeing as Im running drag radials. Its all about getting off the line without spinning.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

you think my 6 is stock? :rofl:

16 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

The Hellcat would pull that lil 6 all day every day. Don’t be fooled by some of the times you’ll see from a 6, they come from pro riders on a prepped track. 

On top of that the cat would still be going after you top out at @140. 

140? hahahahahahhahah

15 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Any factory rocket below a 900 is fair game for me. Especially on a roll. Ive taken a couple already....I mean, Ive seen lots of YouTube videos of that happening...

just in case i wasn't clear earlier, the charger hellcat or srt is on my short list of next cars. I totally respect it and want one. Me posting my 15 year old crotch rocket isn't a jab of anykind. just having fun. My 420hp (also not stock) G8 you would whoop easily, but she's still mighty quick. But she doesn't cost me anything and only has 62k on her. Tough for me to bite off a new car payment.

Image-1.jpg.01711b778cfce6c4ac8a52475a49b9af.jpg

• Like 1